OGXbox.com

Resources for XBmc4gamers/Kids V1.0

PsyKos

17 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

His “GREPO” never works for me always get folder not found or it may have been removed error. 

Hmm, I've not had that happen.  I know he's re-organized the repo.  It used to be on google drive and now it's on mediafire.

Update:

Now that I think about it, it actually did happen a lot when it was on google. :) But, I've not had the same happen after he moved it all to mediafire.

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 1 month later...

As usual, I always have trouble installing these things.  So I downloaded and created Rocky's XBMC4Gamers folder from his zips, FTPed it over to my OG Xbox's Applications folder, created a profile, ran it, it detected my games, and I got the horizontal boxart wheel of all my games with a bunch of blurred coverart  and a blue background.   How do I get it looking like dimfil's setup in an earlier post in this topic?  I have the Resources4XBMC.rar with all the game stuff, but where do I extract it to?

As usual, I always have trouble installing these things.  So I downloaded and created Rocky's XBMC4Gamers folder from his zips, FTPed it over to my OG Xbox's Applications folder, created a profile, ran it, it detected my games, and I got the horizontal boxart wheel of all my games with a bunch of blurred coverart  and a blue background.   How do I get it looking like dimfil's setup in an earlier post in this topic?  I have the Resources4XBMC.rar with all the game stuff, but where do I extract it to?
Update xbmc4gamers to the latest version and use the artwork downloader of it. It will do the same job for you regarding the games!
As long as the emulators is concerned, visit the rocky5's github for xbmc4gamers and follow the mentioned link to the artwork. Download the emulators archive and from there on it is straightforward : unzip assets of what you need to the relative folder of the emulator on xbox.

1 hour ago, dimfil said:

xbmc4gamers

Well, I ran the updater, copied the content of the "update-files" folder to the "xbmc4gamers" folder then FTPed it to my Xbox, overwriting everything.  Didn't appear to change anything.  The boxart wheel shows up (I installed that resources pack to each game in my Games folder) but I don't get that nice background art for each game I stop on.  Do I have to install those manually?  I just get a blue background.

Edited by XboxMon

25 minutes ago, dimfil said:

Did you enable the resources?

Did you change to appropriate view?

Press the "up" button to display the view options and check...

Also, did you install the artwork downloader?

Okay, I found the view that enables background art.  Looks great.  Thanks for your patience. 

Edited by XboxMon
  • Like 1

I posted about an issue I'm having in another topic but since I'm using this resource pack I'll briefly mention it here in case anyone else has the problem.  Most of the movies (preview.xmv) play in slow motion with sometimes stuttering sound if I call up a video in the Synopsis menu in XBmc4gamers.  These same movies play perfectly in VLC so I know it's not the previews themselves.  Anyone else have this problem?

XBmc4gamers

3 hours ago, XboxMon said:

I posted about an issue I'm having in another topic but since I'm using this resource pack I'll briefly mention it here in case anyone else has the problem.  Most of the movies (preview.xmv) play in slow motion with sometimes stuttering sound if I call up a video in the Synopsis menu in XBmc4gamers.  These same movies play perfectly in VLC so I know it's not the previews themselves.  Anyone else have this problem?

XBmc4gamers

This pack is unofficial and xmv is not 100% supported in XBMC so not all videos will play correctly.

Use the official one from the downloader. No videos are included but I plan on hosting all the videos on my server so internet on the Xbox will be required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky5 said:

This pack is unofficial and xmv is not 100% supported in XBMC so not all videos will play correctly.

Use the official one from the downloader. No videos are included but I plan on hosting all the videos on my server so internet on the Xbox will be required.

Ahhh, the mystery is finally solved.  So slow xvm video playback is typical for this resource pack and XBmc4gamers and it's not my setup after all.  Thanks for clearing that up.  I have a crossover cable connected to my Xbox so I can FTP stuff over from my PC (which has wifi).  Can I use this to enable internet access for my OG Xbox like I can for my Sony Playstation 3?

2 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

XboxMon,

Yea, I have about 750 xbox games on my Xbox, and I have XBMC4Gamers installed as well. Most preview videos work, but some ultimately freeze the xbox to where I have to power it off and on.

*groucho voice* 750 xbox games!!!?  Hey, I like my cigar too but I take it out of my mouth at least once in a while! *groucho eyes & eyebrows* ;) I have a modest collection of about 50 games that I ripped from my discs to my HDD.   I really like this XBmc4gamers app and I wish I could replace the default boxart wheel view with a video wheel like in XVGM but the author originally wrote it for his kids so they could have multiple accounts and it took on a life of its own.  Maybe someday :)

4 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

Well I also have 30+ individual home/arcade/handheld emus, lots of homebrew, and many PC ports, other than the Xbox games.

If I could figure out how to make my own proper XMV previews, I would make them for all the different emus and such.

Rocky gave me a link to a batch file XVM conversion program on reddit called Convert to XMV.  Maybe he wouldn't mind sharing the googledrive link to it here.  I use a program called Boilsoft Video Splitter to cut out sections from longer videos (ie YouTube). Seems like these would be good tools to make XVM files.  I wonder why some XVM & WMV files play fine in XBMC4Gamers/XBMC while others don't.  I even created an WMV test file since I heard that format is more compatible with XBMC and got the same choppy preview in XBMC4GAMERS.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, XC-3730C said:

Can someone tell me what the proper way to add background music is? I enabled it in settings, and pointed to the directory with MP3's, but it won't see them.

You need to press "create a playlist" - add your mp3s to this list.

Then "enable playback at startup."

Then press "Generate random playlist."

(all functions above are found in the startup options)

I have my music at E/music

And my playlist is located here:

/E/xbmc/system/UserData/Profiles/Rooftop/playlists/music

Edited by RoofTop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...