OGXbox.com

Tsop Flashing With Splinter Cell

SS_Dave

This would have been lovely to have when my console had a really corrupt bios and would barely boot at all. I only found out stuff like this was possible after the fact and I struggled to get the console to boot so many times to go the tsop flash from softmod route. Hopefully this process, or similar, will come in handy in the future.

• 3 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, SS_Dave said:

This may be of interest to some. It saves having to Soft-Mod to flash the TSOP.

I know is low quality video but you should get the idea

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

That would be perfect for my xbox I'm going to TSOP-flash. I'm still waiting for the controller port to female usb adapter to arrive.

Is this save file available?

Thank you

• 2 months later...

The 007 AUF one I have been using longer that I care to remember.

I can load up the Mechassault version and use Xblast to edit the Video settings,Game zone,Fan speed that sort of thing and when finished if I delete the game save nothing on the hard drive has been changed(still 100% stock) and all versions you can FTP to the Stock hard drive as well.

522394962_TSOPflash.thumb.jpg.33063d84618f565b88d6d61219bea000.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, hideehoo said:

Are the save file for this method available somewhere?

The 007 AUF version has been out in the wild for at least 15 years.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Hellraiser988 said:

I would like a version of splinter cell that launches xblast OS and could I add modified dashboards I have backed up and make them the default dash after the flashing

It's not a problem to launch XBlastOS instead of EvoX/UnleashX which are using Raincoat/Resctoox but why? This little tool is just made to flash your TSOP And to fit on a 8MB MC/USB-Stick. For the rest like installing dashboards, apps ect. you use a installer. And which dashboard is your default depends (mostly) on the bios you flash (Or whats written in the config the bios uses).

And if you like to use your backed up dashboards, you would need someone who make you a personal installer with the bios files you need, your backups ect. and it would not fit on a 8MB MC anymore. A side from that, it dosn't make an sense. Because, after you have flashed a bios your XBox will reboot and you don't need the exploided gamsave anymore. You just need to launch a dashboard and copy over your files. DONE.

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It's not a problem to launch XBlastOS instead of EvoX/UnleashX which are using Raincoat/Resctoox but why? This little tool is just made to flash your TSOP And to fit on a 8MB MC/USB-Stick. For the rest like installing dashboards, apps ect. you use a installer. And which dashboard is your default depends (mostly) on the bios you flash (Or whats written in the config the bios uses).

And if you like to use your backed up dashboards, you would need someone who make you a personal installer with the bios files you need, your backups ect. and it would not fit on a 8MB MC anymore. A side from that, it dosn't make an sense. Because, after you have flashed a bios your XBox will reboot and you don't need the exploided gamsave anymore. You just need to launch a dashboard and copy over your files. DONE.

I have all the bios files on hand I just figured this way would save me time and effort as I already have 2 hard modded systems I just wanna do one for a friend

It dosn't save time and also don't make sense. When you have your XBox HDD backup on PC for example, just flash the TSOP and use FATXplorer 3.0 to copy over your files to your new HDD. Job done. There is no faster way as this. Or if you prefere, FTP them over. Takes a little longer but it would also work. So basicly there is no reason to expand this flash little tool.

And if you don't want to use a backup, there are planty of install discs out there (OGXBox, HeXEn, AID, Slayers ect.). You could extract them replace files (Dashboards ect.) with yours (make sure the nameing of the zip files match) and repack the installer using QWix or XDVDMulleter. And voilá, you have your own installer with your personal files. Or way more simple, just move the needed config/skin files.

Purpose of this tool here is just to flash a TSOP and being as small as possible. ;)

6 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It dosn't save time and also don't make sense. When you have your XBox HDD backup on PC for example, just flash the TSOP and use FATXplorer 3.0 to copy over your files to your new HDD. Job done. There is no faster way as this. Or if you prefere, FTP them over. Takes a little longer but it would also work. So basicly there is no reason to expand this flash little tool.

And if you don't want to use a backup, there are planty of install discs out there (OGXBox, HeXEn, AID, Slayers ect.). You could extract them replace files (Dashboards ect.) with yours (make sure the nameing of the zip files match) and repack the installer using QWix or XDVDMulleter. And voilá, you have your own installer with your personal files. Or way more simple, just move the needed config/skin files.

Purpose of this tool here is just to flash a TSOP and being as small as possible. ;)

I use TrueHexen2019 which I already have extracted and I have bios backups and a backup of my C directory

• 1 year later...