OGXbox.com

Video Quality Differences In Games

Kloot4zak

Heyyy
Soo I finally got some xboxes succesfully tsoped etc. So Im finally actually playing games!!!:D:D:D

BUT,
I see realy differences in the quality of the games..... Like there are some stripes trough the screen of the game ( sorry for bad explanation).
Just see it for yourself: (first picture is GOOD Need for speed underground 1, Second picture is BAD need for speed underground 2)
1.thumb.jpg.fa3cdf91b8cadf3146af8a3c9cf26682.jpg
2.thumb.jpg.fd8d82bc55da28f88134dc50119de3eb.jpg
3.thumb.jpg.429b7fd01e6cb8b029923f6b90f3a861.jpg
4.thumb.jpg.b17ed35f566ca10824e0f9a901f99788.jpg

Does any1 know what causes this ugly stripes??? some games have it , some emulators have it and some don't.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:08 PM, Mindaugas Petronis said:

interlacing maybe?

I would say it's not interlacing because the screen is not moving at the pause screen.
As far as I know interlacing is only occuring when the screen is moving. Video

On 12/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, Ccub said:

Maybe try forcing resolution through hexeditor

And which resolution should I choose then?? I would like to just use one setting to use all my 2tb of emulators and games you see

Every game is different, one can run at 480p and other at 720p, you don't have to edit every game with hexeditor if it works properly. Just try doing this with this game bc you have problem with displaying it, try different resolutions idk which one could possibly work, this solution is just an idea... 

2 hours ago, Ccub said:

Every game is different, one can run at 480p and other at 720p, you don't have to edit every game with hexeditor if it works properly. Just try doing this with this game bc you have problem with displaying it, try different resolutions idk which one could possibly work, this solution is just an idea... 

But do you agree that it is strange because I think need for speed underground 1 and underground 2 would not differ much from eachother.. and nfs underground 2 should have at least the same or better graphics than underground 1... you see my point?

14 minutes ago, Kloot4zak said:

But do you agree that it is strange because I think need for speed underground 1 and underground 2 would not differ much from eachother.. and nfs underground 2 should have at least the same or better graphics than underground 1... you see my point?

Yes, You are right, under the visual aspect they are basically the same game

Have you tried some different copy of this game? Also, I don't think that it is caused by vga cable, but it won't hurt if you try with second one if you have a second one of course. The last think that comes to my mind is trying with another bios, just be careful when flashing bc you can brick your xbox when u pick wrong one.

Edited by Ccub

1 minute ago, Ccub said:

Have you tried some different copy of this game? Also, I don't think that it is caused by vga cable, but it won't hurt if you try with second one if you have a second one of course. The last think that comes to my mind is trying with another bios, just be careful when flashing bc you can brick your xbox when u pick wrong one.

hmmm I could try a different copy, but this is from the 2tb originals (This one), soo I  would think that everything should work nicely.
I have the EvoX for F and G partition

okay... So it appears not to be the game.... the problem is in the output..
Im was using this component cable on this tv...

Using the standard AV cable solves the problem, but ofcourse the quality of the screen goes down to 480p... Not what I want! 😢

Using the HYPERKIN HDMI cable makes the whole screen shake....|

I already invested some money in a proper cable, but im not too succesful....
I consider buying a Pound cable for the tv and a Vbox 2 adanced for my pc...

Strange thing is... I got this terrible cheap samsung tv.. and the hdmi happens to work a lot better on it.... soo that makes me doubt.. don't wanna waste more money on stuff that doesn't work..

7 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

You may need to recap the console.  Especially the 5 ultra-low ESR electrolytic capacitors near the CPU heatsink.  Most Xboxes use 3300uF 6.3Vdc 105 degree Celsius rated caps.  Make sure you replace them with low or ultra-low ESR caps not plain old electrolytic capacitors.

hmmmm do you think it's necessary? because it's with all the 4 xboxes I own... It only changes when I change the ouput cable

41 minutes ago, Kloot4zak said:

hmmmm do you think it's necessary? because it's with all the 4 xboxes I own... It only changes when I change the ouput cable

The quality of the impedance matched 75 Ohm coax cables used to carry the component video signals from the Xbox to the TV makes a lot of difference in the video quality.  The cable you linked to may not be using 75 Ohm coax to carry the YPbPr (component) video signals.  You can't use audio quality cables to carry the much higher frequency component video signals to your TV.  I'd try a higher quality Xbox high-definition AV cable/adapter first.  One of the following options:

Monoprice also sells higher quality component video cables - see those available on this page that use larger 18 gauge RG-6/U coax instead of RG-59/U.

Note: The XOSVP does not provide for analog audio so a 5-RCA jacks cable - 3 coax video and 2 analog audio - is not required for it. Only a 3xRCA RG-59/U or RG-6/U component video cable and a TOSLink cable to connect from the adapter to a home stereo receiver with a digital optical input.

Microsoft's High-definition AV pack does provide for analog and optical digital audio connections.  Most sellers forget to include the original cabling that came with the AV pack so you'll need a set of cables for component video (coax x 3) and 2 audio cables for stereo analog audio or a TOSLink optical cable for digital audio out like those required to connect the XOSVP to your TV.

40 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The quality of the impedance matched 75 Ohm coax cables used to carry the component video signals from the Xbox to the TV makes a lot of difference in the video quality.  The cable you linked to may not be using 75 Ohm coax to carry the YPbPr (component) video signals.  You can't use audio quality cables to carry the much higher frequency component video signals to your TV.  I'd try a higher quality Xbox high-definition AV cable/adapter first - XOSVP (github.com repo) or chimericsystems.com's Xbox HDMI adapter.

Thanks! XOSVP looks very promising.. immediately send the guy an email!