OGXbox.com

Hello!

mutantlittleman

Hello everyone I've recently reacquired a couple OG Xbox's and about 60 games to get back into some of my favorites. Along the way I've always wanted to mod one of these guys and never had the chance so figured now is as good a time as ever. I've modded/hacked other systems but never a XBOX.

I pulled the first one apart to check and see how clean or dirty it was and surprised that it was in pretty good shape very little dust sitting on the mobo, psu and fans. Taking a look at the resources here and other places, I've determined that its a 1.1 board and has a leaking clock cap which I'm going to remove, it also has 2 leaking caps but still turns on without any issues noticed. I'm wanting to flash this guy but am having some trouble in tracking down 100% correct info, my plan is to fix the caps, clean up the board, redo the paste on the gpu and cpu, and upgrade the HDD to 2tb so I can rip and/or download more games to it without the disc drive as it sticks a lot and only opens 1 out of 4 times. I figure I'll need to softmod it first so then I can Tsop flash the bios but that's where I get lost in which one I'll need.

The second one was obviously not so well taken care of heavy amounts of dust and debris all over. This one is a 1.6 board and doesn't boot but that is due to mutliple bulging caps. I'd like to do the same thing with this one if I can as it will be donated to an autistic boy who loves gaming. I know the 1.6 can't be tsop flashed but can I get a work around to putting in a larger drive with just a softmod?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi mutantlittleman

Welcome to the forum.

With the version 1.1 Xbox before you reflash the BIOS remove the clock cap replace all the main electrolytic cap's, replace the CPU and GPU paste and clean the entire mother board with isopropyl alcohol and a brush (tooth brush works well) and while you have the Xbox in part's replace the drive belt in the DVD drive and clean the laser pickup with a q tip/cotton bud moistened with isopropyl then once you have tested it then reflash the bios.

To reflash the bios I use a game exploit that works with the 007 Agent Under Fire or the Mechassault (The non online version only)game. It's done by adding the TSOP flash enable points the copy the game save to the hard drive load the game disk select the game save then flash the BIOS. Once that's done install your new hard drive and boot the Xbox with a Install disk and away you go.

With the hard disk I have a preference for the Western Digital Black series or the Blue series but the choice is up to you just don't you the power save  versions like the green series.

For the Version 1.6 I would fit a mod chip when you look at the cost $4 usd  it's not worth stuffing around with soft-mod's for that the only catch is some soldering skills are needed.

Then it's the same as the version 1.1 swap the hard drive for a new one then boot your install disk and away you go.

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Thanks for the reply Dave

Is the exploit the same as the splinter cell one? I don't have those other games but SC was in with the bundle that came with the consoles. If so I'll definately look into that one as it seems a little easier to do. I assume then that after that's done you use an install disc like Hexen?

The drive I'm looking at is a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 specifically, I've heard good reviews about this one.

For the chip are those the Aladdin ones I've seen on like Amazon? I'm pretty good with soldering so don't think I'd have any problems doing that.

The exploit i mentioned is like the Splinter cell one but uses different games and by-basses the soft-mod crap.

I don't have SC to test but I think I have a way of flashing from Splinter Cell as well.

The 007AUF one I have modded to also allow you to load XBlast as well, I am testing on different Xbox's at the moment but as UN-modded one's in my house are a bit like the 1.5 version (they don't exist) it taking a bit of time.

If you reasonably good at soldering then fitting a mod chip in a version 1.6 is not to bad you do need to add some links to undo MS's attempt to stop the modders but that's not that hard to do.

As for the install disk you can use Hexen but I have a dislike for that one and I use Slayers install disk.

All the Aladdin chips for sale today are the same and all come from China with a BIOS that will boot a version 1.6.

811400971_1.6rebuild.thumb.jpg.7c48e6456ea8d0feec3b3c0dbff5bcf1.jpg

This is a version 1.6  I added the links to around 10 years ago.

309942875_0073.thumb.jpg.b69a833b93b403f1a85b9c8d2c29a2f5.jpg    1121062505_0072.thumb.jpg.96fd78904601237d4a8e4fa82ec2f12a.jpg  1835696416_0071.thumb.jpg.4dbdd2fd1ec0c25a5b88245b2e2e4547.jpg

boot screen                                                                                                tools screen                                                                                        Xblast boot screen

Screen shots of my 007 AUF in use on my test Xbox that's also using a SD card instead of a HDD.

If you need to you can FTP to and from the Xbox and save any thing on the old drive also unlock the drive in-case you plan on reusing for some thing else and of coarse reflash the TSOP or Mod-Chip via Bios files on the hard disk or flash via the network.

Ok so I'm gonna start tearing into the consoles to replace the caps, as I'm still waiting for my other things to get here. 

For the 1.1 can I just straight up remove the clock cap and then flash it or should I wait to flash first and then remove it?

Do you have a link or details on that other method you were talking about?

Hello mutantlittleman

Remove the Clock cap and give the entire board a clean with isopropyl alcohol and brush like a tooth brush the dry using a hair drier or heat gun on low.

It's also a good time to clean the fan as well.

While waiting for you new cap to arrive you can flash the bios and have a play around.

I am still testing the Xblast from the games save method but the rest is working fine and i could sent you a drop box link.

What game do you have 007 Agent Under Fire or Splinter Cell?

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

There are two Splinter Cell Flashing saves available from xbins' FTP server or a couple of web site mirrors of it.

For an NTSC console/game:

https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/exploits/_Packages/Splintercell_With_Evox_raincoat_NTSC/

For a PAL console/game:

https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/exploits/_Packages/Splintercell_With_Evox_raincoat_PAL/

You'll need to replace the dot bin files that are included inside these archives.  Those included are for Team Xecuter's X2 4981.06 version.  There are later BIOS versions:  Evox M8plus, iND-BiOS 5003 or 5004 (.06 or .67 versions available for 1.0-1.5 consoles it does not support v1.6 Xboxes).

These exploits have two software apps included to flash the TSOP - Evox dash or raincoat.  Each has it's own bios.bin files in different subdirectories of the save.

Instructions on how to use these TSOP flashing saves are included inside the archives.

First, bridge the TSOP flash enable points for your version of motherboard (1.0-1.5 only can be TSOP flashed).

Skip over the part about splitting the TSOP for multiple BIOS operation.