OGXbox.com

XBox Cpu Tualatin 1.4 Ghz Upgrade

Ccub

Hi! I have a topic to start. I'm already happy with my og Xbox upgraded with another 64mb of ram, but I would love to have it modded with 1.4 Ghz Tualatin. My console inside is 1.0 revision motherboard and was manufactured in Hungary, it is also modded with dual tsop and xblast. Do you know if somebody is still doing that upgrade? I've already PM'd to N64 freak but I'am waiting for his reply, so meanwhile when I am waiting for that reply I decided to find out if there is someone else for that job besides of that, I've read that he is only doing 1 Ghz, not 1.4 Ghz anymore - but I already have two proper tualatins so maybe I'll convince him. The only other person I know that was doing this is Trusty but I don't know where could I contact him. My soldering skills are very little, that is why I'm looking for somebody.

Edited by Ccub

It doesn't matter how good your soldering skills are. Nobody can do it by hand. The pinout is not the same so it requires an adapter sandwiched between the motherboard and tualatin. N64 Freak redesigned his and it is superior. He uses a smd rework station. He's in Germany and visits this site frequently but not every day. He will reply soon. 

• 6 months later...

I found my original 1.0 Phat MB. This of which I accidentally leaned on top of the xbox and snagged the fan and it burnt out like 10 years ago. I really need a cpu swap, I still have my eeprom backed up. If someone did swap the cpu, would they need me to send a married hdd to test or the files with the MB? Don't want this thing in the trash heap if it can be saved, already feel bad for tossing out my case and phillips dvd rom drive.

Edited by bandai1983

• 3 months later...