OGXbox.com

[Solved] XBox Randomly Rebooting After Switching To 720p

djfusion82

Hi I have a PAL 1.6 xbox that I've recently rebuilt the LPC, added a Aladdin xt+2 modchip to and upgraded the hard drive with a larger 2tb.

the system runs fine in SD via the standard AV cable (RED/WHITE/YELLOW lead)

once I switch the console over to NTSC video settings and reboot the console with a component lead it switches to 1080i or 720p fine but will randomly reboot.

Has anybody come across this before and know a fix? 

Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by djfusion82

The BIOS that is preflashed to the Aladdin XT plus 2's should be updated.

I don't think they come from China with the latest greatest version of M8plus for a 1.6 flashed to them.

I'd run evoxdash and execute the backup menu option to save a copy of the current BIOS as bios.bin, eeprom.bin and a couple of text files with hard drive info.  The current BIOS's MD5 hash value is found in evox.ini on the Current = 0x<MD5 Hash Hex Value> line.

Compare the MD5 hash to the latest M8plus_16.bin version(s).

MD5 Hashes (Hex)

• Evolution-X's distribution of M8plus_16.bin without the latest LBA48 patch applied or DVD check disabled - 58B8782501983725F984499620CA342B
  • F and G LBA48 v3 patch and DVD check disabled evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin from HeXEn 2018 installer disc - 5157A00E5D802E4EC3DEEF6F01FA19A1
  • F only LBA48 v3 patch and DVD check disabled evox.m8plus.v16.bin from HeXEn 2018 installer disc - 20870EA0714C9D3ABA8DF66B61A5CB12

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, KaosEngineer said:

The BIOS that is preflashed to the Aladdin XT plus 2's should be updated.

I don't think they come from China with the latest greatest version of M8plus for a 1.6 flashed to them.

I'd run evoxdash and execute the backup menu option to save a copy of the current BIOS as bios.bin, eeprom.bin and a couple of text files with hard drive info.  The current BIOS's MD5 hash value is found in evox.ini on the Current = 0x<MD5 Hash Hex Value> line.

Compare the MD5 hash to the latest M8plus_16.bin version(s).

MD5 Hashes (Hex)

• Evolution-X's distribution of M8plus_16.bin without the latest LBA48 patch applied or DVD check disabled - 58B8782501983725F984499620CA342B
  • F and G LBA48 v3 patch and DVD check disabled evox.m8plus.v16.fc.137.bin from HeXEn 2018 installer disc - 5157A00E5D802E4EC3DEEF6F01FA19A1
  • F only LBA48 v3 patch and DVD check disabled evox.m8plus.v16.bin from HeXEn 2018 installer disc - 20870EA0714C9D3ABA8DF66B61A5CB12

I did re-flash the bios using the Hexen 2018 disc, using a M8plus bios suitable for a 1.6 model, I might try to re-flash again later and see what happens. at the moment I have nothing to lose with this one as never had this happen before.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:12 PM, SS_Dave said:

If you can try a different component lead as it may have a bad connection in the plug telling the Xbox to revert a different video output mode.

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

This is what I was thinking although I tried 2 other component cables last night and these are 2 that are 'known good' but the problem still exists unfortunately

You have tried different component leads and updated the BIOS.

What Dash are you using

Is it rebooting when playing games and if so what game?

Also when it plays up is it at the same time like after 5 minutes of use every time?

When you say rebooting it starting with the flubber screen as if you had just turned the Xbox on?

What make and model of hard drive and sata to ide adapter?

Have you had a good look at the mother board capacitors for any sign of failing and inspect the solder connections for the AVIP connector for dry joints.

SS Dave

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You have tried different component leads and updated the BIOS.

What Dash are you using

Is it rebooting when playing games and if so what game?

Also when it plays up is it at the same time like after 5 minutes of use every time?

When you say rebooting it starting with the flubber screen as if you had just turned the Xbox on?

What make and model of hard drive and sata to ide adapter?

Have you had a good look at the mother board capacitors for any sign of failing and inspect the solder connections for the AVIP connector for dry joints.

SS Dave

It is running the 2tb xbox Origins xbmc front end.

It is rebooting at the dashboard or when in a game.

The interval is not the same each time it is totally random.

Yes it is rebooting to the flubber animation each time as if it had been turned of or reset.

Its a Samsung ST2000DL004 - 2TB - Barracuda Green and a Startech sata adapter (these have both been tested in another machine and are fine in another machine)

I will check the caps and solder connections once I have chance and report back, thanks for your help :) 

• KaosEngineer changed the title to [Solved] XBox Randomly Rebooting After Switching To 720p
  • KaosEngineer locked this topic