OGXbox.com

Unlocked Hdd

Kloot4zak

Hey, 
I should introduce myself.... I'm Noob🤣
sooo...
I've modded my xbox (I guess its a softmod, but since I upgraded the hdd to a WD Blue 2TB I guess its a hardmod..)
First I followed a tutorial to softmod my xbox to get unleashX, but after that I upgraded my xbox to rocky5's emustation.
After downloaded tons of games and different emulators I gained to much balls and deleted wrong files.... nothing too bad, because the emustation still works, but I want to transfer files using my desktop instead of Ftp(filezilla). So I unlocked my hdd using configmagic (something like that) and now Im trying to connect it to my pc. My pc does detect the HDD, but the files won't show up.... :( 
I already tried using other programs, such as partybuffalo or xplorer360, but they do not detect any harddrive at all....

So in short:

• UnleashX to Rocky5
  • ftp is annoying, so want to directly transfer files
  • Hdd is detected by PC, but doesnt show up

Im using a USB HDD adapter and a WD Blue 2TB (images attached)

Cheers🤓

1.png

2.png

KaosEngineer said in a earlier topic:

In a command prompt window, list the disk drives Windows 10 recognizes using the following wmic command:
- wmic diskdrive get model, interfacetype
What's it list under the InterfaceType column for the Xbox HDD: SCSI, IDE, or USB? 
The stock XboxHDM23USB configuration requires it to be connected as a USB device. I think some docks connect via a SCSI device driver instead of as a USB attached device.

So I tried this and my HDD is detected as SCSI

1 hour ago, nikeymikey said:

THIS!!!! Ftp is the best and easiest way to do it.

12 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There are no really good tools available to write files from a PC directly to an Xbox hard drive.

Use FTP! :) Get used to it.

What has been said before.

FTP the files just set it up before you go to bed and it should be ready by the time you get home from work.

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

If the initial modification was only a softmod, NEVER unlock the hard drive. It needs to be locked for it to boot at all. The only way around that is a mod chip (hard mod). Installing a new hard drive doesn't make it a hard mod, its still softmodded. You just added more storage space. You don't need to unlock it either, and it doesn't change whether or not a PC will read it. That is more to do with its file-system (FATX). 

The best way, as everyone else has said, is FTP. There isnt really any other way around it. There are cables you can buy to connect USB drives, but I suspect it depends on the dashboard you are using and the usb drive itself on how compatible it is. 

Edited by SILEeeles