OGXbox.com

My XBox

sjvferris

I have a 3 original xbox consoles.  They all work and I love my xbox consoles.

The issue that I have is one of them says it is modded with the SmartXX mod chip via a sticker on the outside of the xbox.

When I attempt to turn on the xbox, I see what I believe to be a linux version of software installed on it and this doesn't have a lcd or anything else installed on it.

I could open it up to see what version of the mod chip is installed on it.  But prior to doing that, I have a few questions.

Is this xbox no longer usable as a regular xbox?

Is there a way to enable the standard mode for the xbox.

Without a keyboard that can plug into this, how am I even supposed to use this xbox?

Where do you find a keyboard that can plug into the modded xbox, as the controller port is different than usb, etc.

Does anyone have the documentation for one of these mod chips?  That could help me understand what this does?

The SmartXX modchips have their own OS that starts.  You can load a normal hacked BIOS to do normal Xbox gaming console operations.

Please post a picture of the startup screen.

There are many different releases of the SmartXX modchip.  Much information can be found in the web site captures that the archive.org's Wayback Machine made.  The content is accessible at:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080606071817/http://www.smartxx.com/