OGXbox.com

XBmcemustation!

shaokhann

If that IP address is on your network, FTP to it and download the xbmc.log file from the Q drive in the System subfolder.

Note: I've updated the path to the log file. It is not in the root of Q where it is found when running plain old XBMC4Xbox.

View the contents of this log file to determine the cause of the Fatal Error and fix it.

If you need assistance determining the problem and how to fix it, copy/paste the content of the xbmc.log file to  pastebin.com and post a link to it.

Update: Actually, the second line on the screen shows the cause of the FATAL error.  A file is missing, guisettings.xml, in the masterprofile folder located in the special://masterprofile/, P drive, while running XBMC-Emustation either in safe mode as you are in or when fully operational and connected via FTP.

If you were able to see that folder in XMBC-Emustation's File Explorer, it is displayed as the Profile directory.

Update: How did you install XBMC-Emustation? 

Files uploaded after properly building it from the xbmc-emustation github repository or from the latest pre-built archive available at xbmc-emustation.com.

Meanwhile, I wanted to thank you and the others for their answers.
Unfortunately I'm not very practical and it's the second time I've been there after days of transfer...I can't take it anymore.
the first file is xbox.log.

emustation I uploaded it via the urldownloader to xbmc4gamers.
also xbmc4gamers gives me fatal error.
both dashboards are gone.
Before the problem happened, I backed up the partitions, including P.
but how do I fix it?
the link: https://pastebin.com/Hw3x4aNP

Create a text file named advancedsettings.xml and add the following lines to it. (Is there an advancedsettings.xml file present in the root of the P drive? From the log file it doesn't seem to exist already. If already present add the second line below - the loglevel line to the current file.)

<advancedsettings> 
	<loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel> 
</advancedsettings>

Save the file and upload it to the P drive then reboot. If it errors again, download and post the new xbmc.log file which includes additional debugging information.  I don't see anything to indicate the startup of the emergency FTP server in the log file text you posted. Usually a notice line like the following will be present:

6:00:45 M: 32034816 NOTICE: XBFileZilla: Starting ftp emergency recovery mode

Also, from the text you posted at https://pastebin.com/, I don't see that the  guisettings.xml file is missing.  It is being processed.   What's on line 0?  Maybe the content is corrupt.  I'd expect it to start at line 1 too, not line 0.

How much space is available on the E drive.  I see that the executable that created the xbmc.log file is installed on E:\players\xbmc\. 

Is the default.xbe running XBMC-Emustation or XBMC4Gamers?

How is your Xbox networked?  Connected directly to your PC with an Ethernet cable or through a home router.  The log shows that no DHCP server was accessible to obtain an IP address from so instead XBMC??? is using the static IP settings stored in the configuration file.

Translate in  Inglese 

Molte grazie. XBMC normale è stato installato in E. Con 4 GB di spazio disponibile perché nella mia xbox il trattino e i programmi principali sono in F. Sia XBMC4GAMERS che xbmcemustation sono nella partizione F con 165 gb di spazio libero ancora. La partizione P viene mantenuta prima che accadesse tutto, perché ero già successo una volta, ma ora anche con il cd hexen sul suo xbmc al massimo vedo la partizione Q. Proverò il file che hai modificato per me dopo aver eliminato il resto e installarlo per la terza volta. Ah, il PC è collegato al modem e all'Xbox Suggerite di collegare direttamente il PC e l'Xbox? Una domanda: una volta installati XBMC4GAMERS e xbmc emu station, posso trasferire via ftp le partizioni per evitare di scaricare tutto ciò che ho scaricato da urldownloader ?, fanArt e programmi inclusi?

Edited by shaokhann

The Q and P drives are virtual drives that XBMC4Gamers (Q alone I think) and XBMC-Emustation (Q and P) create.  They are not additional partitions on the Xbox's hard drive.  They are mapped to sub-directories of each application.

The Q drive is mapped to the folder where XBMC4Xbox's default.xbe file is executed from.  P for XBMC-Emustation is mapped to the folder Q:\UserData.  Some of these mappings can be seen in the following lines from the xbmc.log file you posted to pastebin.

1. 11:34:30 M: 56733696  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: Q:\
  2. 11:34:30 M: 56733696  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: Q:\UserData
  3. 11:34:30 M: 56733696  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: Q:\
  4. 11:34:30 M: 56733696  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: Z:\
  5. ...
  6. 11:34:42 M: 56705024  NOTICE: Mapping drive P to Harddisk0\Partition1\players\xbmc\UserData\
  7. 11:34:42 M: 56705024  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/

Can you post a directory listing of your Xbox's C, E, and F drives?

Note: I can't seem to get rid of that vertical bar in front of these last two lines of text.  

no boys, I tried and tried again. Even with the fatal error, I can connect to the partitions, but it does not make me transfer the file guisettings.xml not only in the corresponding folder, but in the whole partition E where emu station is installed. I tried with xbox tool 2 and flashxp. But also from the console itself with the file manager any file is not copied. The file on the partition P and Q have the files guisettings.xml of 0 KB. I have no way to replace the damaged file with the backup done.😭

What size is the guisettings.xml file in /Q/system/UserData? 

Is it 0KBs ?

The two folders, /P/ and /Q/system/UserData, are one in the same just accessed through a different mapped drive location on the Xbox's hard drive.

It is in /<E, F or G drive>/<folder where XBMC-emustation is installed>/system/UserData.  All these locations provide access to the same files. Change a file in one and it will show up changed in the other two.

Have you tried to FTP XBMC-Emustation's extracted archive file XBMC-Emustation\system\UserData\guisettings.xml to the Xbox's /Q/system/UserData folder?

My XBMC-Emustation's /P/guisettings.xml file is 33,690 bytes.

The latest archive's original extracted XBMC-Emustation\system\UserData\guisettings.xml file is 7,628 bytes.  

I'm guessing when you first run XBMC-Emustation it adds additional settings into the original guissettings.xml file.

hello KaisEngineer😊, I tried to replace the intact file in the original partition where xbmcemustation was installed, but nothing. Both on the primary partition and folder, and on the Q and P partitions, it is impossible to replace the file. Even in the whole partition E I couldn't copy the correct guisettings.xml file, and if I did it via ftp, it would copy it but at 0 KB. Really weird. I'm deleting the entire Dashboard in E and I'm reinstalling it for the umpteenth time. This time I'm done copying the rooms connecting PCs and consoles directly...let's see what happens.

There will be no conflict as long as they are installed in different subfolders, for example:

• /E/Apps/XBMC4Gamers
  • /E/Apps/XBMC-Emustation

However, if you try to install all the cover art, previews, synopsis data for both E, it may run out of space.

or, both installed on the F drive (partition 6)

• /F/Apps/XBMC4Gamers
  • /F/Apps/XBMC-Emustation

Or, a split between two partitions/drives available - E, F and G.

guys, I think my 1tb dredged hdd has some damaged clusters. I transferred emu station , room is all on another xbox without any problem. Also in the 1 tb one after transferring tot files hangs and emu station from fatal error problems. Also some files with strange symbols that do not delete anymore.

I  had this issue EVERY time I tried to set up and install the Emustation. I did exactly as the instructions said, downloaded everything I needed, ftp-ed across everything, and then EVERY time, Fatal Error. 

The way I resolved it, was to use XBMC4Gamers, use the URLDownloader on that, and install Emustation from there. For whatever reason, it works that way. It loaded fine and I was able to set it up and so on. It just refused to work via the PC/FTP way. And after all that, I've customised the XBMC4Gamers look and style and decided to keep that as my main anyway. It still loads the emulators and that was a secondary function for me anyway. Xbox Games was the main one. 

• Thanks 1