OGXbox.com

Dvd Open?

shaokhann

Check the DVD power/control (generally an all yellow wire cable connected from the motherboard to the DVD drive) to make sure there are no bent pins inside the connecting header on the motherboard or the DVD drive itself.  

A broken wire could prevent the tray open/closed status from being properly read.  

932961577_XboxDVDPowerConnector(negative).jpg.02f74fbe92f3ff7523dbd0281d4cbac9.jpg

This picture is a poor representation of the actual motherboard connector as it has 14 pins but the next two pins 13 and 14 after 11 and 12 shown have no wire or connection made to the motherboard.  Only the first 12 pins are used.  The connector on the DVD has only 12 pins.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, shaokhann said:

Thank you very much, I'm a Moon, I'll try to figure out why. Before the chip, however, it didn't happen.

When you were softmodded, the eject fix was patched into the kernel.  The M8 BIOS does not have the eject fix patch.  Many Moons ago, during the height of the xbox hacking scene, I seem to recall someone had released an M8 and/or M8+ BIOS with the eject fix (EF) patch applied to the BIOS. I have not found a copy of that file though. :(

I believe that Team Xecuter's X2 4981 BIOS and possibly a few others can be modified to disable the Reset on Eject (have the Eject Fix patch applied using XBTool v1.0.23a).  Or, X2 4981.xx and X2 4983.xx already has the EF patch built in.