OGXbox.com

Questions and Other Stuff

Rocky5

Which drive (C or E) does emustation work faster on or is it negligible?  Was going to put it on my C drive to maximize HD space utilization.  All my media, roms, emulators are on F and G.

On another note of way overthinking things and trying to maximize the utmost Hard Drive space...partitioned the F drive such that I maxed out space that could still utilize 16kb clusters and the g to 64kb thinking I could save some space by putting the really small files on the 16kb cluster.  The most I saved on an XBOX game was 6MB on rainbow six lockdown, and the most on an entire emulation system was 4MB.  One XBOX game actually took more space in a 16kb cluster drive just based on how it worked out with each of the file sizes.  With a 1 TB drive filled with 50 XBOX games and 20 fully loaded emulators, you could probably save 30-35 MB or so worth of space - not worth the time or energy I spent to figure it out

42 minutes ago, arfows said:

Its, ahem, a softmod *ducks for cover*

As you can see from my Signature I am not a softmodder.

Have you had a look at the Rocky5's softmodding disk's? there is a default dash changer on there somewhere.

Google rocky5 github

or look at this.

Shortcut.Maker.1.0.rar

It might help or completely stuff your Xbox so use at your own risk..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I saw that...that is why I was ducking for cover lol.  i know how to maneuver it around to the various places and get it to be the boot dash, i just want to know if either the root c or the root e has faster access times than the other, for the initial boot and for spooling up and playing games and emulators

Edited by arfows

The speed in loading a app will be the save for C,E,F,G drives as they are all the same physical hard drive

As  general rule leave C drive alone.

I tend to install XBMC4Gamers on E drive and use F and G for games and if need be use the the X2config file or the IND config file to point to that location..

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 weeks later...

i've got xbmc-emustation already installed and i'm trying to install final burn legends (v1.24) and roms.  Anybody know how to do it?  I saw from the readme guidance we need to copy the roms into the batch file and it will create a transfer to xbox folder for single region roms.  what batch file are we copying the roms to?  i tried doing it to the update batch file and it took forever but I can't see if/where it created a file.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm running emustation on my softmodded 2tb xbox. I have 2 questions. I have Ninja Installed on f drive and running. I've added a mortal Kombat pack which created an additional games folder on F. I've already filled up G drive with my Xbox roms. I want to add more Xbox roms but do I create a Xbox games folder on F? I believe I can't add them to the folder already there with the mortal Kombat stuff for Ninja. Advice needed guys. The other part I need help with is the installation of Final Burn ledgents in emustation. Is it better to install as an emulator or just use the emustation fbl roms folder?

• 1 month later...

How do I switch the Port 2 controller to zapper in the NES emulator for XBMC-emusation?

1. I have a CRT
2. I know the gun works as I play THOTD3

I have two different Xbox's The first one with just plain XBMC and I have Mednafenx-nes V15b10. When I open the emulator I get a pop up that allows me to enable the zapper for the second port. 

But when I use my second Xbox that is running XBMC-emustation and I select an NES game from the menu I never get that pop up allowing me to change to controller to the zapper. If I press the right thumb stick when the game is loaded I get a config menu that allows me to calibrate my light gun, wich works, But the game itself never sees that a light gun is plugged in. 

3 hours ago, amducious said:

How do I switch the Port 2 controller to zapper in the NES emulator for XBMC-emusation?

From MednafenX_NES_15b14's Readme-NES.txt file:

-----------------
Light Gun Support
-----------------

My light gun no longer works for some mysterious reason, so I haven't tested the light gun functionality.  It *should* work, though.  

To use the lightgun, first go to Main Menu -> Configuration -> Controller Configuration -> Configure Light Gun

From that menu, calibrate the light gun.  You can also choose to have an on-screen target to help you while playing lightgun games.

When you select a game to play, you are given the configuration options. (You can also press X to select a game to force re-configuration.) Be sure to change either Controller 1 or Controller 2 from Gamepad to Zapper or else you will have no ability to use lightguns in the game you've selected.

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

From MednafenX_NES_15b14's Readme-NES.txt file:

-----------------
Light Gun Support
-----------------

My light gun no longer works for some mysterious reason, so I haven't tested the light gun functionality.  It *should* work, though.  

To use the lightgun, first go to Main Menu -> Configuration -> Controller Configuration -> Configure Light Gun

From that menu, calibrate the light gun.  You can also choose to have an on-screen target to help you while playing lightgun games.

When you select a game to play, you are given the configuration options. (You can also press X to select a game to force re-configuration.) Be sure to change either Controller 1 or Controller 2 from Gamepad to Zapper or else you will have no ability to use lightguns in the game you've selected.

Thank you for the response. I ended up figuring it out. What you posted was only part of the solution. What you posted was once you got Into the emulator Configuration settings. 

To get to the needed setting screen, from the main screen of xbmc-emustaion highlight the system you want to setup, in this case NES, then press "Y" this will give you a pop up. Select yes and it will open the emulator without launching a game. Next select the rom you want to configure and press "X" this will bring up a screen that will allow you to change the type of controller in each port.

• Like 1