OGXbox.com

Wireless Usb

PhilR

Not sure if this is being posted in the right place.  I just began my first modified xbox project.  I made a controller port to USB adaptor.  I tested that it works by attaching a usb controller (I modified an xbox controller to use on pc last month).  I want to use the adaptor to be able to connect a wireless keyboard/mouse, but i cannot for a lot of information regarding this.   Are there settings I need to modify somewhere, or is there not a lot of success with wireless?  The keyboard/mouse combo is the Logitech Wave Combo.  I flashed the Winbond TSOP with EvoX M8 from the HeXEn 2018 disc.  If anyone can help and needs more information, please let me know.

You'll need to write a USB Xbox driver for the wireless chipset. 
USB keyboards work but I don't think mice do. The reason is there is a generic and common driver for those and it's already included with the xbox. 

USB is not analog. It's digital. As such, a driver needs to exist for the pc or xbox to know how to use the hardware device attached via USB.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that I haven't posted back in a while.  I was able to get an old wireless keyboard to work (Logitech LX 710), but the accompanying laser mouse has yet to show life.  I don't know enough about the XBox to begin writing any kind of drivers, so I probably will not get much farther than this.  I have no means of debugging or monitoring the inputs to the XBox.  If I do make any additional progress, however, I will be sure to post here.

I was also curious about this driver thing but not for keyboards or mice but to make the original controller wireless. i already have the mod of Ryan but I would still like to make the controller wireless. It works with a usb cable so I'm trying to find out what happens when I add some wireless protocol to the controller and connect it either to Ryan's mod or something else. You could try and see if you would be able to connect a keyboard or mice to Ryan's mod.

Edited by KunfuMunky