Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

i'm new on the scene and a month ago i started with my first modded xbox project. I'm from the Netherlands and have a pal 1.6 hardmod xbox with EVOX M8 bios.
I make it to ntsc so i can use all hd modes and using the pound hdmi cable. My goal is to have a xbox with all games that where release on it on 1 disc. So i put a Seagate 3TB disc so i get the max of 2TB and use xbmc4gamers (latest stabel version 1.2.122) as dash (great dash!). I found almost all games now, its a pretty challenge to fit them all (using soms ntsc instead of pal games or deleting all un needed files ).

The game Dennou Taisen: DroneZ i had a problem to start and i disabled the 480p mode and it started correctly. If i patch it with a 480p loader it doesn't work (scrambled video also after patching). Is this a bug or is there away to force 480i in xbmc4gamers without disable the 480p mode first?

I have also some issues with the Club Football games are getting only in a black screen. I have another topic about this, not sure of this is a bug or not.

The topic:

Greetings,
Mpnet

Edited by mpnet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Using 1.3.340 and switching between user and edit mode doesn't work properly. After the combination at the login screen it will enter the currently selected profile and when logging out from the profile, entering the Manage profile and logging out from that, the toggle text will appear for a while but nothing will happen.

I have also experienced the toggle text appearing when trying to log in to a profile and getting booted back to the login screen. Making it impossible to log in until XBMC4Gamers is re-launched.

 

As a separate issue, the Artwork Installer Script will change the letter case of folders it searches.

Edited by Zarper
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zarper said:

Using 1.3.340 and switching between user and edit mode doesn't work properly. After the combination at the login screen it will enter the currently selected profile and when logging out from the profile, entering the Manage profile and logging out from that, the toggle text will appear for a while but nothing will happen.

I have also experienced the toggle text appearing when trying to log in to a profile and getting booted back to the login screen. Making it impossible to log in until XBMC4Gamers is re-launched.

 

As a separate issue, the Artwork Installer Script will change the letter case of folders it searches.

 

Will look into the first one. 
(If edit mode is disabled you can’t enter the manage profiles profile, it should tell you this in big white letters on screen)

second one is intentional, this is done because of how python treats caps and lowercase. 

 

Edit: New version fixes the login edit mode issues.

Edited by Rocky5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Rocky5. I just downloaded xbmc4gamers for the 1st time and am trying it out. Downloaded the pre-built zip from github and set it up. That part worked fine. I then tried to run the updater to get up to v3.0.0 and the update process failed. It's now stuck in safe mode, waiting for a FTP connection.

Log shows libcurl.dll failed to load, then a 0-byte zip file was downloaded to XBMC4Gamers/updater/Update Files/. The updater app appears on screen and tries to work, but fails quickly and shows a warning message about autoexec.py failing. I deleted the xbmc4gamers folder and re-uploaded a fresh copy via FTP and the same outcome occurred the 2nd time too.

Not sure why my update zip is 0 bytes though. Perhaps to avoid this being something that breaks the current installation, 'updater/System/Scripts/autoexec.py' could be updated to check for corrupt zips before proceeding.
"if os.path.isfile(zip_file)" becomes "if (os.path.isfile(zip_file) && os.path.getsize(zip_file) > 0)"
(or whatever the python syntax is)

error.jpg

13_11_20 20.04.24.log xbmc (updater).log

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

Hi @Rocky5. I just downloaded xbmc4gamers for the 1st time and am trying it out. Downloaded the pre-built zip from github and set it up. That part worked fine. I then tried to run the updater to get up to v3.0.0 and the update process failed. It's now stuck in safe mode, waiting for a FTP connection.

Log shows libcurl.dll failed to load, then a 0-byte zip file was downloaded to XBMC4Gamers/updater/Update Files/. The updater app appears on screen and tries to work, but fails quickly and shows a warning message about autoexec.py failing. I deleted the xbmc4gamers folder and re-uploaded a fresh copy via FTP and the same outcome occurred the 2nd time too.

Not sure why my update zip is 0 bytes though. Perhaps to avoid this being something that breaks the current installation, 'updater/System/Scripts/autoexec.py' could be updated to check for corrupt zips before proceeding.
"if os.path.isfile(zip_file)" becomes "if (os.path.isfile(zip_file) && os.path.getsize(zip_file) > 0)"
(or whatever the python syntax is)

error.jpg

13_11_20 20.04.24.log 7.25 kB · 0 downloads xbmc (updater).log 7.25 kB · 0 downloads

🤔 the prebuilt version on github is v1.3.001 you shouldn’t need to update anything after. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 10:48 AM, Rocky5 said:

🤔 the prebuilt version on github is v1.3.001 you shouldn’t need to update anything after. 

I just downloaded the prebuilt again, unzipped it and FTP'd it to my Xbox. The skin I see in xbmc4gamers on screen is different from before, so I suspect this is not the same version as I was using. I see you updated the link in github, so maybe that was it? Anyways, all set.

I love this version of XBMC and there's plenty of useful tools it has over the regular version. I'm surprised I don't see any media options though. I get it's a version for gamers, but that's quite a bit of working features to remove. I don't watch movies/listen to music much on my Xbox but still do from time to time. I can load up regular XBMC for those occasions though.

Anyways, thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rocky5
      Yeah there will be bugs but I may or may not fix them.
      Report them here.
    • By Rocky5
      Report any bugs in here.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.