OGXbox.com

Bugs

Rocky5

Hello everyone,

i'm new on the scene and a month ago i started with my first modded xbox project. I'm from the Netherlands and have a pal 1.6 hardmod xbox with EVOX M8 bios.
I make it to ntsc so i can use all hd modes and using the pound hdmi cable. My goal is to have a xbox with all games that where release on it on 1 disc. So i put a Seagate 3TB disc so i get the max of 2TB and use xbmc4gamers (latest stabel version 1.2.122) as dash (great dash!). I found almost all games now, its a pretty challenge to fit them all (using soms ntsc instead of pal games or deleting all un needed files ).

The game Dennou Taisen: DroneZ i had a problem to start and i disabled the 480p mode and it started correctly. If i patch it with a 480p loader it doesn't work (scrambled video also after patching). Is this a bug or is there away to force 480i in xbmc4gamers without disable the 480p mode first?

I have also some issues with the Club Football games are getting only in a black screen. I have another topic about this, not sure of this is a bug or not.

The topic:

Greetings,
Mpnet

Edited by mpnet

• 4 weeks later...

Using 1.3.340 and switching between user and edit mode doesn't work properly. After the combination at the login screen it will enter the currently selected profile and when logging out from the profile, entering the Manage profile and logging out from that, the toggle text will appear for a while but nothing will happen.

I have also experienced the toggle text appearing when trying to log in to a profile and getting booted back to the login screen. Making it impossible to log in until XBMC4Gamers is re-launched.

As a separate issue, the Artwork Installer Script will change the letter case of folders it searches.

Edited by Zarper

7 hours ago, Zarper said:

Using 1.3.340 and switching between user and edit mode doesn't work properly. After the combination at the login screen it will enter the currently selected profile and when logging out from the profile, entering the Manage profile and logging out from that, the toggle text will appear for a while but nothing will happen.

I have also experienced the toggle text appearing when trying to log in to a profile and getting booted back to the login screen. Making it impossible to log in until XBMC4Gamers is re-launched.

As a separate issue, the Artwork Installer Script will change the letter case of folders it searches.

Will look into the first one. 
(If edit mode is disabled you can’t enter the manage profiles profile, it should tell you this in big white letters on screen)

second one is intentional, this is done because of how python treats caps and lowercase. 

Edit: New version fixes the login edit mode issues.

Edited by Rocky5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Rocky5. I just downloaded xbmc4gamers for the 1st time and am trying it out. Downloaded the pre-built zip from github and set it up. That part worked fine. I then tried to run the updater to get up to v3.0.0 and the update process failed. It's now stuck in safe mode, waiting for a FTP connection.

Log shows libcurl.dll failed to load, then a 0-byte zip file was downloaded to XBMC4Gamers/updater/Update Files/. The updater app appears on screen and tries to work, but fails quickly and shows a warning message about autoexec.py failing. I deleted the xbmc4gamers folder and re-uploaded a fresh copy via FTP and the same outcome occurred the 2nd time too.

Not sure why my update zip is 0 bytes though. Perhaps to avoid this being something that breaks the current installation, 'updater/System/Scripts/autoexec.py' could be updated to check for corrupt zips before proceeding.
"if os.path.isfile(zip_file)" becomes "if (os.path.isfile(zip_file) && os.path.getsize(zip_file) > 0)"
(or whatever the python syntax is)

error.jpg

13_11_20 20.04.24.log xbmc (updater).log

13 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

Hi @Rocky5. I just downloaded xbmc4gamers for the 1st time and am trying it out. Downloaded the pre-built zip from github and set it up. That part worked fine. I then tried to run the updater to get up to v3.0.0 and the update process failed. It's now stuck in safe mode, waiting for a FTP connection.

Log shows libcurl.dll failed to load, then a 0-byte zip file was downloaded to XBMC4Gamers/updater/Update Files/. The updater app appears on screen and tries to work, but fails quickly and shows a warning message about autoexec.py failing. I deleted the xbmc4gamers folder and re-uploaded a fresh copy via FTP and the same outcome occurred the 2nd time too.

Not sure why my update zip is 0 bytes though. Perhaps to avoid this being something that breaks the current installation, 'updater/System/Scripts/autoexec.py' could be updated to check for corrupt zips before proceeding.
"if os.path.isfile(zip_file)" becomes "if (os.path.isfile(zip_file) && os.path.getsize(zip_file) > 0)"
(or whatever the python syntax is)

error.jpg

13_11_20 20.04.24.log 7.25 kB · 0 downloads xbmc (updater).log 7.25 kB · 0 downloads

🤔 the prebuilt version on github is v1.3.001 you shouldn’t need to update anything after. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 10:48 AM, Rocky5 said:

🤔 the prebuilt version on github is v1.3.001 you shouldn’t need to update anything after. 

I just downloaded the prebuilt again, unzipped it and FTP'd it to my Xbox. The skin I see in xbmc4gamers on screen is different from before, so I suspect this is not the same version as I was using. I see you updated the link in github, so maybe that was it? Anyways, all set.

I love this version of XBMC and there's plenty of useful tools it has over the regular version. I'm surprised I don't see any media options though. I get it's a version for gamers, but that's quite a bit of working features to remove. I don't watch movies/listen to music much on my Xbox but still do from time to time. I can load up regular XBMC for those occasions though.

Anyways, thank you!

• 6 months later...

I just setup xbmc4xbox after digging out my Xbox from the garage. I have a bug where about half of my games won’t launch from the Home Screen or display artwork even though the have a default.tbn and can be launched through the file manager. Half the games launch and display artwork fine. Couldn’t find any info on this. Any ideas how I should troubleshoot?

Cheers

1 hour ago, tenfingers said:

I just setup xbmc4xbox after digging out my Xbox from the garage. I have a bug where about half of my games won’t launch from the Home Screen or display artwork even though the have a default.tbn and can be launched through the file manager. Half the games launch and display artwork fine. Couldn’t find any info on this. Any ideas how I should troubleshoot?

Cheers

Are the games in question located in the games folders on E, F, G drives

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

33 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Are the games in question located in the games folders on E, F, G drives

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hi SS Dave,

Yes, all are in a games folder, some on F and some on G. Uses an executer chip. HD is pretty old but like I said can launch from file manager. The games all show but some no artwork and won’t launch. Used the latest prebuilt version of XBMC4XBOX FTP’d onto E and launching straight to it as default dashboard. 

Cheers

8 hours ago, tenfingers said:

Hi SS Dave,

Yes, all are in a games folder, some on F and some on G. Uses an executer chip. HD is pretty old but like I said can launch from file manager. The games all show but some no artwork and won’t launch. Used the latest prebuilt version of XBMC4XBOX FTP’d onto E and launching straight to it as default dashboard. 

Cheers

What games .

Cheers

SS Dave

On 6/3/2021 at 6:58 AM, SS_Dave said:

What games .

Cheers

SS Dave

There’s quite a few some don’t show artwork but do load others don’t load or show artwork but artwork can be viewed in file manager and they can be loaded from there. Top Spin Tennis and X2: Wolverines Revenge are two examples that won’t load or show artwork. I tested in an older regular xbmc install on the same Xbox and same issue with artwork but the games do load.

5 hours ago, tenfingers said:

There’s quite a few some don’t show artwork but do load others don’t load or show artwork but artwork can be viewed in file manager and they can be loaded from there. Top Spin Tennis and X2: Wolverines Revenge are two examples that won’t load or show artwork. I tested in an older regular xbmc install on the same Xbox and same issue with artwork but the games do load.

What version is the xbmc4gamers as the version I have here shows the artwork for the 2 examples and load the games  as well

Also what version Xbox and what Bios?

Cheers

SS Dave

19 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

What version is the xbmc4gamers as the version I have here shows the artwork for the 2 examples and load the games  as well

Also what version Xbox and what Bios?

Cheers

SS Dave

It’s X3 3294 Bios, Xbox v1.1. What’s the easiest way to confirm xbmc4xbox version?

I figured out part of the issue with artwork. I checked the logs and my G drive was low on space an causing an error. I deleted a couple games and ran the artwork installer again and a lot more artwork loaded. Still missing a few and have about 4 GB free space (according to file manager) wonder if I need to free up even more space. 

5 hours ago, tenfingers said:

What’s the easiest way to confirm xbmc4xbox version?

Black button then Settings, Update and on the bottom right hand corner should be version 1.3.001

Cheers

SS Dave

12 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Black button then Settings, Update and on the bottom right hand corner should be version 1.3.001

Cheers

SS Dave

So I couldn’t see the update option, maybe because I’m not connected to the internet at the moment. Instead to be sure, I just downloaded the latest prebuilt version from GitHub and overwrote the previous install. I’ve realised that I have all artwork with resources disabled, it’s only with resources enabled that some are missing and there’s still the issue where some games can only be loaded via file manager. I can live with the resources disabled and tinker around with the artwork so it’s really just making the games load that I’m hung on. Thanks for your help so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I put a 3tb disk in my xbox to take advantage of the full 2tb, but when I fill them with most emulators and when I start filling it with xbox games just when going to the letter D xbmc4gamers no longer booting it freezes in blackscreen, already I tried twice, the other dashboards work fine

Edited by Brocoli

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm trying out the 4Gamers Intro Video and it was successful for a while, but randomly after the intro, this glitched loading screen appears before booting into the dash. It does it on Chimeric, Pound, and Component. Tested on two tv's. I created a folder named Intro in the 4Gamers system folder, and placed the renamed Intro.mp4 in it.

The file I'm using was found on the Emuxtras repo, named IntroXboxHD.avi. I renamed it to Intro.mp4 and it worked at first, but then it randomly glitches after. I tried to convert avi to mp4 in Handbrake but the converted video always stutters on the xbox, probably a setting I'm missing. I've never used Handbrake before. The original avi video itself has no artifacting in it after renaming to mp4.

I've tried pressing B to skip the video and it still does it randomly. I deleted all themes and redownloaded, didnt work. It only happens if I enable Intro Video. Anyone have recommendations to convert avi to mp4, if renaming it is what's causing the problem?

4Gamers Loading.jpg

Edited by NokSueCow

2 hours ago, NokSueCow said:

I'm trying out the 4Gamers Intro Video and it was successful for a while, but randomly after the intro, this glitched loading screen appears before booting into the dash. It does it on Chimeric, Pound, and Component. Tested on two tv's. I created a folder named Intro in the 4Gamers system folder, and placed the renamed Intro.mp4 in it.

The file I'm using was found on the Emuxtras repo, named IntroXboxHD.avi. I renamed it to Intro.mp4 and it worked at first, but then it randomly glitches after. I tried to convert avi to mp4 in Handbrake but the converted video always stutters on the xbox, probably a setting I'm missing. I've never used Handbrake before. The original avi video itself has no artifacting in it after renaming to mp4.

I've tried pressing B to skip the video and it still does it randomly. I deleted all themes and redownloaded, didnt work. It only happens if I enable Intro Video. Anyone have recommendations to convert avi to mp4, if renaming it is what's causing the problem?

4Gamers Loading.jpg

Have you tried converting it to XMV? Just a suggestion, it may not make any difference but it may work out well 👍🏻

2 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Have you tried converting it to XMV? Just a suggestion, it may not make any difference but it may work out well 👍🏻

I can try, there are so many options in Handbrake, I'd just be guessing. Does 4Gamers support anything other than mp4 for the intro?