OGXbox.com

Obscure Dual Hard Disk Xbox Adapter

Erchitu

Hi everyone, I am new, and I was searching a forum of xbox modders. I was wandering if I could put two hard disks in my xbox, and I found an adapter that I buyed long time ago, called xdhddxx. Does anyone knows how it works and how I should connect it? I can barely find information on google. I only discovered that it is an ide doubler, and that if you turn on the xbox with the dvd button it boots the first drive, if you turn the xbox with the power button it boots with the other. Sorry for my English and thanks for any info :)

Here are the photos

IMG_20191109_232233.jpg

IMG_20191109_232338_986.JPG

IMG_20191109_232401_049.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TEK Nemesis said:

Thanks for tagging me @TEK Nemesis. I am currently testing boards that @Kekule helped me make. We took apart an X-Tender unit and recreated the pcb thats in the IDE cable in that kit. Its original intent was for the X-tender itself as some of the older kits were made with 40 wire IDE but the newer ones were made with 80. Without 80 wires it makes it very hard to use SATA adapters though. This multIDE adapter we made can also work in a normal sized box with a simple switch on the back though.  Its a solid connection among all of the ide cables plugged into it so it doesnt need a relay or anything for switching. You just have to create your own simple switching circuit. Once i get all the parts in and get a successful test i will have TEK create a 3d printed case and they will be available for sale.

75561424_2558863404233845_6742478787859972096_n.jpg

Dual Hard Drive Controller.png

3 hours ago, Anarchy42085 said:

Thanks for tagging me @TEK Nemesis. I am currently testing boards that @Kekule helped me make. We took apart an X-Tender unit and recreated the pcb thats in the IDE cable in that kit. Its original intent was for the X-tender itself as some of the older kits were made with 40 wire IDE but the newer ones were made with 80. Without 80 wires it makes it very hard to use SATA adapters though. This multIDE adapter we made can also work in a normal sized box with a simple switch on the back though.  Its a solid connection among all of the ide cables plugged into it so it doesnt need a relay or anything for switching. You just have to create your own simple switching circuit. Once i get all the parts in and get a successful test i will have TEK create a 3d printed case and they will be available for sale.

75561424_2558863404233845_6742478787859972096_n.jpg

Dual Hard Drive Controller.png

Very good work. It would be beautiful if someone can realise a raid for the original Xbox so someone can connect multiple drives and the console thinks there's only one.

• Like 1

I tried to find the installation manual for the XBHDDXX on the Wayback Machine; however, bestplayer.de required a user to have a login to see files stored in what they called their database.  Making it impossible for the Wayback Machine to archive those files. :(

Does anyone have a copy of bestplayer.de's XBHDDXX AddOn installation instructions or other files from their database (downloads)?