Hey, first time post..
Just got my 1.2 OG modded with Aladdin XT2 and UnleashX.
The emulators arent very impressive, lots of lag and glitches on PS1 in particular, and a bit with N64 too, slowdown and crash with MAME tonight.
That has me finding fault and so I would like to know if these instances are normal?
The eject ring is red more often than not, and occasionally after using two trigger, back and black reboot also flashes red/green.
Also, on a couple of occasions I get what looks like a MS error screen, its multi language suggesting to call support. I get error code 21 and sometimes error code 9. I can switch off and it runs okay for the most part, but Im new to this.
It seems a bit glitchy with all that stuff going on...is this usual for hardware mods?
Thanks for any help!
I met the following issue, I try to explain everything... I'm totally lost in space, so I hope, you have some idea what happening...
So, first, what you have to know:
- I've got an xbox classic v1.6 without video and sound output.
- When opened it, I found a MuppetX modchip in it. My friend inform me, he try to flash this modchip, but 1MB always gave an error message "mismatch bios size", so he flashed it with 256KB bios. That was the mistake of him, so the modchip never works again... (The LPC Chip is 49LF020A, like in Aladdin)
- I flashed it with USB Programmer with many types of bios.bin, tried 256, 512, 1024 evom8+ for v1.6, I tried everything to use it again... But the only working solution was to flash it with 4*256kb = 1MB XBlast OS bios. But when I use XBlast NET bios flasher (cause I can't use any other way, just USB programmer), the flashed bios never works.
- I checked all capacitors and all of them is in good conditon... I checked traces and all of them in good condition.
- When I push (more than 5 sec) the power button, the xbox started and loaded the XBlast OS. Without modchip (power up with eject or just push power button) there is no video or sound output. If I change the Bank (I do not know is it bank0 or bank1), the Xbox turn off and turn on again...
- Is there anyone who has an original dump of a MuppetX bios?
- Which is the Bank0 and Bank1 on MuppetX?
- Which BIOS size the correct for that? (As I said, I try 1MB first and all other sizes, but won't work...)
- Why Xbox doesn't give video and sound output without modchip?
Is it maybe an EEPROM error?...
Thank you in advance!
ps: I red this topic:
but do not help
A while ago I had a version 1.0 box fail to boot intermittently and every time I moved the hard disk it would come good.
The drive is a WD 500 gig Pata/Ide drive.
I closed the power connectors in the molex plug and swapped the 40 way cable still the same. As I had nothing to lose I removed the PCB thinking it had dry solder joints on the power and 40 way connectors but I noticed the contacts for the heads and spindle motor are tarnished. A quick clean of the PCB and spring contacts with iso-propyol alcohol and reassemble and it has not missed a beat since (3 weeks and still going and before it was every 2nd day)
I now have a Seagate 1tb from a desk computer with the same symptoms and after removing the PCB it looks the same. This drive is 2 years old and has had a max of 1.8tb data transferred to and from it so bugger all. and 1/3 for that was rescuing the data from it
Something to keep in mind for intermittent drive problems.
Those that can hard-mod, Those that can’t soft-mod.
Board Life Status
Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48