OGXbox.com

Some Beginners Questions Configuring Unleash and XBmc

Speeddragonn

After TSOP (unleashx and evox m8+ f and G) Bios,fitting a new hdd  to my xbox I installed XBMC trough hexen2018.

But there are a few questions I have considering the coöperation between these 2 dashes. UnleashX is my main dash and XBMC is installed as an app.
Since I am new too the XBOX Scene, I don't know what I will use as my main Dash.

There are a few things I can't work out.

1. If I exit XBMC it switches to the standard MS dash, not the evolution dash. Is this something I can configure
  2. XBMC gives menu options for applications and emulators. But I don't see the applications I have installed on my unleash dashboard here. Is it just pointing at a different location or is there something wrong/ do they mean other type of applications. It would be nice that when I Rip a game, install an emulator they will appear both on unleashx and on XBMC..
  3. If I push the eject button on my xbox, sometimes it reboots. Somebody knows something about that?

I can help with question 2 right now will have to do a bit of testing/research on your other queries

9 hours ago, Speeddragonn said:

2. XBMC gives menu options for applications and emulators. But I don't see the applications I have installed on my unleash dashboard here. Is it just pointing at a different location or is there something wrong/ do they mean other type of applications. It would be nice that when I Rip a game, install an emulator they will appear both on unleashx and on XBMC..

XBMC4Xbox's Confluence/Confluence Lite skins have large text for WEATHER, PICTURES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, PROGRAMS, and SYSTEM. Some like PROGRAMS have sub-items under the main menu tabs; however, there may be no source path configured where it should look to find games, applications and emulators to add to the sub-item menu.

You need to add the paths to each.  For PROGRAMS highlight it then press A.  Next, select the sub-menu item you want to add/edit the source of - Apps, Games, Emulators, etc. Press the White button to open the pop-up menu and select Edit Source or Add Source to configure it. If you have multiple paths where Applications, Emulators, and Games are stored (e.g., Applications you might add the following source paths: E:\Applications, F:\Applications and G:\Applications). With multiple locations, add them all as Source locations for that sub-menu item.

See: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Adding_Media_Sources

9 hours ago, Speeddragonn said:

3. If I push the eject button on my xbox, sometimes it reboots. Somebody knows something about that?

Some BIOSes reset the console when you press the eject button - the stock MS BIOS does this.  Some hacked BIOSes do this as well.  Not all support the two types of eject hacks:

• eject trick - if an xbe is compiled with specific flag, the Xbox will not reset when you press the Eject button
  • eject fix -  the Xbox will never reset if you press Eject button

See: 

for a table listing most all of the Xbox BIOSes and which features each supports.

10 hours ago, Speeddragonn said:

1. If I exit XBMC it switches to the standard MS dash, not the evolution dash. Is this something I can configure

XBMC exits to the configured dashboard.  By default, XBMC4Xbox v3.5.3 has it set to C:\xboxdash.xbe.  Edit it to change the default dashboard to run upon exiting XBMC.

Settings -> Programs -> General (well there's only 1 page of settings for Programs) -> Dashboard.  Press A and browse to the application you want to run after XBMC exits.  Generally for a hard modded console, this application will be C:\evoxdash.xbe but it can be any application (dot xbe file) you want to run after exiting XBMC.  evoxdash.xbe is the name of the file it runs. That file does not actually have to be the executable (XBE) file for evoxdash, it could be the UnleashX dashboard's XBE file renamed to evoxdash.xbe.

The Evolution-X M8+ F and G BIOS you have flashed to your TSOP flash memory chip on the motherboard contains a boot order list of applications it checks for in the following order to run when booting the console:

1. C:\evoxdash.xbe
  2. C:\AvaLaunch.xbe
  3. C:\neXgen.xbe

if none of those are found on the hard drive, the MS dashboard will be executed - C:\xboxdash.xbe.  If there's a DVD in the tray when the Xbox is powered on, the file default.xbe if found on the DVD disc has priority over any of those XBEs.  No disc in the tray and/or no default.xbe found on the DVD; the BIOS's boot order list of XBEs are attempted one after the other until one is found.