OGXbox.com

Need Full XEnium Flash Memory Dump

KenMoe

So I made some more tests, today I received a second modchip (Aladdin Advance) it's basic but it make it work.

After that I know my LPC rebuild is correct since this chip works well.

So now is there anything that someone thinking about that could be first "repair" or at least extracted from it?

IMG_20200123_220253__01.jpg

Edited by Bob_the_vampire

Download xenium-tools xbe from the openxenium repo.

https://github.com/Ryzee119/OpenXenium/releases

Boot up with your aladdin and open this xbe. Once the xbe is open, hot swap to your gold. It should be able to detect a xenium is installed and you should be able to manually cycle the RGB.

You can also dump the flash chip from this program.

If any of that fails your CPLD (or flash chip) is likely damaged in someway.

If that all works but still doesnt boot, its possible that the flash memory is corrupt in some way.

I have a clean goldOS dump in that case

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 1

Hi, thanks for this it give me some hope, like you said I can cycle the RGB and dump the flash (2mb)

but now i don't know if I can "explore" the dump file to know what happen or should I only flash back a clean dump without any more checks

I joined the flash dumb if you think you can do something at a faster rate than me

flash.rar

• Like 1

@Bob_the_vampire yep that flash dump has some issues. Even the protected sector is messed up. So its possible that the CPLD banking is broken or hopefully its just corrupt flash.

Upload this to your xbox in the xenium-tools xbe directory and rename it to flash.bin, then in  Xenium tools use the 'Write raw flash.bin to Xenium Flash' option. "START+B"

If that doesnt work, it doesnt sound promising. Send me another dump of it after flashing it as you did previously.

flashGoldClean2.3.1.zip

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 5