OGXbox.com

Need Full XEnium Flash Memory Dump

KenMoe

I will only produce 20, I dont want to make business with it,I just want to have a different solution compare to Aladin xblast, that i usually use for 128mb ram upgrade or simple Aladin xt plus. 

I want to build it from scratch. 

I think the chineese guys will do the job quickly.😀

If i find something, i will help you.

Where do you Come from ? China ? Lol

Do you have a compiled version of the Xenium-Tool - the xbe file to run on the Xbox? 

I have an Xbox with a Xenium ICE installed but no PC with Linux and NXDK installed to compile it.

Update: I found it in the releases section.  Was looking for it under the Xenium-Tools section instead of the start of the OpenXenium repo. I didn't see 1 release at first across the on the top.  Now, to dig that Xbox out and connect it to a TV to upload and run the application, download the flash image it saves, etc...

• Like 3

You don't need a full dump but it has the recovery partition so the recovery jumper will work. Kinda useless anyway but more of an authentic experience.

You can also parse the XeniumOS update files that Xodus released. (2.3.1 is the version i wrote the parser for)

Edited by Ryzee119

34 minutes ago, neighbor said:

why would someone need an Original Xenium dump when building a OpenXenium, if Ryzee's repo contains a firmware already?

Not exactly. To get a working Xenium you need two things:
XeniumOS (Located on the flash chip, traditionally not protected in anyway)
VHDL code (Located on the CPLD, traditionally read protected to prevent clones)

XeniumOS is easy to get. Either from a Flash dump  of a genuine Xenium OR the Xodus released XeniumOS files. This is NOT on my repo. It is not my software to share so I dont share it on my repo (which focuses on my own work)
The VHDL code is the tricky bit and is what my repo provides.

Edited by Ryzee119
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, KenMoe said:

haha, hopefully you can find it

I found the hard drive.  It's having some problems on power up.  It is a 1.6 console. It keeps turning off on it's own shortly after pressing the power button. 

It has a weird power supply unit in it.  It has both a v1.0 (12x1) AT-style and v1.6 (2x10) ATX-style power connector wired for v1.6 voltage levels.  I've not checked the voltage levels on the 1.0 PSU connector.

18 hours ago, Ryzee119 said:

You don't need a full dump but it has the recovery partition so the recovery jumper will work. Kinda useless anyway but more of an authentic experience.

You can also parse the XeniumOS update files that Xodus released. (2.3.1 is the version i wrote the parser for)

The 2MB dump I've made of the Xenium's flash has two 256KB BIOS's loaded into it. 

Is there a way to use a hex editor to clear them and their names from the dump?

I've just started looking for the data stored in flash.bin and need to read more of the documentation in the OpenXenium github repository about content offsets to breakdown the content stored inside.

3 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

The 2MB dump I've made of the Xenium's flash has two 256KB BIOS's loaded into it. 

Is there a way to use a hex editor to clear them and their names from the dump?

I've just started looking for the data stored in flash.bin and need to read more of the documentation in the OpenXenium github repository about content offsets to breakdown the content stored inside.

The first 1MB of the dump is your custom bioses. Just blank (0xFF) this area. This still wont remove them from the xeniumOS bios selection menu. (Prob just frag if you try boot them)

1FC000 to 1FFFFF region right at the end is the sector that holds non-volatile settings for XeniumOS. EEPROM backup etc.

Id have to check as i cant remember exactly but i would expect the bios names to be here.

What i did for my clean dumps is factory reset my Xenium before dumping. Then clear the first 1mb with a hex editor.

15 hours ago, neighbor said:

why would someone need an Original Xenium dump when building a OpenXenium, if Ryzee's repo contains a firmware already?

I don't think @Ryzee119 provides a copy of the XeniumOS v2.3.1 (ISO RAR archive or HDD RAR archive) in the OpenXenium repo.

However, I believe the XeniumOS recovery.bin file found in either of these archive files does not include all of the data stored inside the Xenium's 2MB flash memory chip.  One is made to burn a disc for flashing the XeniumOS v2.3.1 to the modchip and the other from the hard drive or possibly FTP.  I've not worked with the Xenium modchip too much.  It just happened to be in a console I purchased from Goodwill.

• Like 2

Just now, KaosEngineer said:

does not include all of the data stored inside the Xenium's 2MB flash memory chip. 

Correct.

Flash offset 0x1C0000 to 0x1DFFFF can only be obtained from a genuine xenium. This is the recovery sector that contains a small cromwell loader to initiate the xeniumOS update process. (Switching that switch on the Xenium modchip)

This is technically optional and a genuine xenium or a openxenium will work if this area is not programmed but you lose the respective feature.

53 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

What i did for my clean dumps is factory reset my Xenium before dumping. Then clear the first 1mb with a hex editor.

I'm booting this Xbox with the Xenium modchip.  Right now, I don't have another modchip to use to boot this console then hotswap the factory reset Xenium to obtain a clean flash.bin dump.   :(

I do see the names inside the configuration area you mention.  Not exactly sure why the Xenium OS shows the first BIOS with the name evox-A while the configuration area only shows it as evox.  The second is found in the configuration area with the same name as displayed by the OS menu -  m8_16.bin.

• Like 1