OGXbox.com

XBox Controller Keeps Disconnecting

flavio90

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I am going to guess here because I really am a bit confused by you description of the problem.

I am thinking that the clock cap has leaked and it eating at the tracks on the front of the main board.

SS Dave

Those that can hard-mod, Those that can't soft-mod.

Any fix of the problem

Yes but lets start with some more information.

Disassemble the Xbox and take some pics of the main board take one that shows the hole main board and some close ups of the circuit board near the front.

The crap that leaks from the clock capacitor is corrosive and eats the copper tracks. In most cases you will need to clean the board and add some wire links to replace the damaged tracks. 

SS Dave  

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Yes but lets start with some more information.

Disassemble the Xbox and take some pics of the main board take one that shows the hole main board and some close ups of the circuit board near the front.

The crap that leaks from the clock capacitor is corrosive and eats the copper tracks. In most cases you will need to clean the board and add some wire links to replace the damaged tracks. 

SS Dave  

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.  

Thank you very much

13 hours ago, flavio90 said:

xbox controller keeps disconnecting i tried another new controller and is disconnecting again i tried with ps2 converter adaptor controller still the same problem the controller work fine the xbox ports are fine where is the problem plz help me 😔😯

Try a different controller port (e.g, Port 3 or 4).  Their connection to the motherboard is further away from leaked clock cap electrolyte on v1.0-1.5 Xboxes and if a 1.0 connect through a different USB daughterboard.

What version Xbox is it?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Try a different controller port (e.g, Port 3 or 4).  Their connection to the motherboard is further away from leaked clock cap electrolyte on v1.0-1.5 Xboxes and if a 1.0 connect through a different USB daughterboard.

What version Xbox is it?

I tried other ports 2 3 and still the same problem Here im gona send you right now the images of my xbox but plz zoom the images and thank you very much

20191104_160055.jpg

With that production date, it should be a 1.6 console.  Should not be damage from clock capacitor electrolyte leakage.  The 1.6's clock cap is at a different location than all earlier models, not near the controller port connections.  And, only 1.0's have a USB daughterboard that routes the front panel controller cables through it to the motherboard.  All other versions have their controller cabling plugged directly into the motherboard.

The wires must be broken inside the sheathing of the cable.

Does the controller have a short breakaway cable present, OEM controller, or is it a third party controller?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

With that production date, it should be a 1.6 console.  

The wires must be broken inside the sheathing of the cable.

Does the controller have a short breakaway cable present, OEM controller, or is it a third party controller?

Is original duke controller 

Do you wrap the cable around the controller when you store it? Not a good thing to do.  If so, most likely problem is a busted wire inside the cable near the controller right past the strain relief.  If you move the cable near where it comes out of the controller, can you get it to connect and disconnect with some regularity based on the cable's position.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Do you wrap the cable around the controller when you store it? Not a good thing to do.  If so, most likely problem is a busted wire inside the cable near the controller right past the strain relief.  If you move the cable near where it comes out of the controller, can you get it to connect and disconnect with some regularity based on the cable's position.

Yes i wrap the cable inside