Ryzee119

OpenXEnium - 'new' Modchip

26 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

I can send you one.

Very generous but I cant take all the glory :). If someone wants to have a crack at it, I am happy to provide help.
It's a tedious and complex process but very rewarding

• Like 1

I like to repair almost anything that has electricity running through it, probably just like you guys. I love to solder tiny things and I think I can build a Open Xenium as well. But building a chip from scratch... I already like to see what guys like bluemeanie23 do building gerber files from existing boards and I think that's a good place to start. But you also need to be a programmer to build stuff like this and thats a step to far for me. If there was some 101 I would probably follow it XD I'm in my thirties so still not old enough to learn ;)

• Like 1

Updated Openxenium CPLD code coming in the next few days. Found a really obsure booting issue that I am working to fix it.

I dont think any one has built any yet, but if you are; just wait a couple days before programming them and make sure you have the latest files from github 

• Like 3

This is just incredible...

Honestly, I'd donate an X3, I've got one working and one... not so much.  However, unless someone were to take it all the way and reproduce or at least re-imagine the X3CP or the pro switch to go along with it, then I don't really see the point.

hello @Ryzee119, i have a question.

i am trying to program a openxenium i made, with my Lattice programmer.

but i get the following error, do you have any idea what could be wrong ?

--------------Line41--------------:
SDR 18   TDI(3FFFD)
Expected TDO(00001)
Expected MASK(00003)
Received TDO(3FFFC)
Bits Error 0001: Expected: 1 Received: 0
01/03/20 07:34:30  File e:\openxenium.svf: fail at line#:41(Check the log file for further details)

i normaly also program the Aladdin chips with this one, and i modified it so it gives the 3.3v on the vcc

The white light also comes on on the chip, and it tries to program it but fails.

Hope you can help me, and thanks for all your hard work !

Robbert

1 hour ago, TEK Nemesis said:

What software are you using to program it?

Hey TEK Nemesis

I am using the Lattice Diamond Software,

to try and program.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TEK Nemesis said:

What does the failure log say?

It only says the following:

--------------Line41--------------:
SDR 18   TDI(3FFFD)
Expected TDO(00001)
Expected MASK(00003)
Received TDO(3FFFC)
Bits Error 0001: Expected: 1 Received: 0
01/03/20 07:34:30  File e:\openxenium.svf: fail at line#:41(Check the log file for further details)

I first thought i had to switch TDO and TDI, but than it gives me an error it cant find the configration.
So it sees the  chip, but for some reason it will not program it.

I saw a video on youtube they programmed the CPLD in the xbox, but thats not necessary right ?

i just finish soldering 10 pieces, and all have the same problem.

I dont know if its to do with the lattice i use, i have ordered a Xilinx too.

Hope to get it monday.

14 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

@Nextria welcome to the constant struggles of programming CPLDs 🤣

Thank @Ryzee119 🤗. I was trying for 2 days but gave up and ordered a Xilinx.

hope it will work :). I want to say thanks for all your projects!

• Like 1

I got the Xilinx programmer yesterday and it is working now !

the only downside is, it doesn’t supply the needed 3,3v to the chip. So to program the cpld I need to have it in the Xbox.

i wonder if I can modify it the same way like my lattice programmer.

on the board I search for a 3,3v pin and connect it to the VCC. And a extra wire to the ground strip around the board.

this way it will supply the voltage to the chip and can be programmed outside the Xbox.

just need to program the flash inside still the Xbox 

Edited by Nextria

@Nextria

thats awesome. Glad to hear!

I powered mine using a bench supply, but if you can pull a 3.3v supply from the programmer that would be handy.

Good luck with your builds! Share some photos too 😋

5 minutes ago, Ryzee119 said:

@Nextria

thats awesome. Glad to hear!

I powered mine using a bench supply, but if you can pull a 3.3v supply from the programmer that would be handy.

Good luck with your builds! Share some photos too 😋

I will do that, i hope I finish them tonight and maybe look in to modifying the programmer.

Edited by Nextria