OGXbox.com

Aladdin Mod Chip

K-9

Can anyone help me so I have this much chip installed I will post pictures if it helps, I didn't do the installation but I have no video out any ideas it sounds like it's working fine but I just don't have any video out if anyone has any ideas please let me know

I found this guide

https://circuit-board.de/forum/index.php/Attachment/72198-Aladdin-XT-installation-Guide-pdf/

But how would I wire it so that quickly press power mod chip is off and hold power mod chip is on?

Do I leave out the cable I need to solder on the modchip?

Good to here you go it going .

The method of powering on via a long and short press is for a X3 chip.

You can wire the BT point take the link off the the mod chip 1st  as per the pic to get chip on or off if you want, But why would you ever boot to a MS bios that option was for Xbox Live. From memory power on with the eject button is mod chip off and power on with the power button is mod chip on.

482034075_btmodchip.PNG.7ebccf9dcd9f680604a9f8244f3fba46.PNG

Don't worry about L1

SS Dave                                                                                              

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.  

• 3 weeks later...

Since modshops have gone in WA, thought I would give it ago.

Soldered the LPC pins, and R3G3 right side and D0 front of mobo to Aladdin chip.

Installed a new 500GB HDD

If I short press power I get the MS BIOS (what I want)

Long press only sometimes i get the evo x bios to boot, can hear the dvd tray seeking with no video and need to press eject for it to the boot bios about 1min.

other times it boots straight away to evo x nothing else to press other then hold power

No FRAGing and the LED on the mod chip is on

Did upgrade the bios to evo M8 F+G 256K but didn't help.

Edited by Halo_2

I always strap BT to ground (pin 2 of the quick solder region on the modchip) - always-on operation.  Doing so will not allow you to boot the stock BIOS but you don't need to any more as there's no reason.  No Xbox Live available where you'd want to boot the stock BIOS to keep from being banned from the service.

spacer.png

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20160331200649/http://xbox.bula.nu/aladdin/xt/BTGround_resize.jpg

The wire from the D0 pad on the modchip is connected well to the D0 point on the motherboard?

What I have done

d0 on the bottom side of chip to now d0 on the back of mobo (not front)

R3G3 right side of resistor to BT bottom of chip

Still didn't help, reflowed the R3G3 right side just leaves the LPC to reflow or its the cheap chip.

(Used a multi meter picking up d0 and BT point)

Edited by Halo_2

Had some thing like that happen with a older Aladdin mod chip it would not boot unless I hit the eject button after powering on it's something to do withe the BIOS as a new Aladdin chip with the same BIOS as the older chip worked 100% OK.

As it's been said before just wire the chip to always on as you don't need the stock BIOS .

If it is a version 1.0 to 1.4 scrap the chip and reflash the on board BIOS.

I only fit mod-chips to version's 1.6 all other's get reflashed

SS Dave

Those that can Hard-Mod. Those that can't Soft-Mod.

Replaced the modchip with another Aladdin but from amazon and didn't change anything else boots first time every time.

Just flashing the BIOS is there a 1.4 256K BIOS that's orange front led when modchip on and gets rid of evo x logo (using hexen2019)

Edited by Halo_2

Good to hear it's working for you.

I have not had a new chip not work but I have a Aladdin Advance chip that I pulled from a non working Xbox that would only boot when I used the power button then hit the eject button.

If i did not hit the eject the box would boot but no video out to the screen but I was able to ftp files to and from it.

I had swapped the eeprom chip from a known working chip and the same problem in the end I reprogrammed the CPLD(Lattice) chip and it's all good.

Here is 3 different types of Aladdin chip.

IMG_20191203_205448.thumb.jpg.be3cb206f1b90ada624e2b9bff84a971.jpg

SS Dave

Both looked the same, anyway was short lived updated the modchip bios only for it not to boot the modchip anymore :(

Good thing there cheap.

Can I softmod and try flash modchip again?

It should have worked though M8 1.4 256K, is there any better bioses on hexen?

Edited by Halo_2

So it did not work after you flashed the BIOS?

I suspect that the Xbox when booting from the Mod-Chip is now looking for the dash in a different location.

Can you try booting from the DVD Drive with the Mod-Chip enabled.

SS Dave

I put the console back together so when another Aladdin chip comes ill post pics of soldering.

Don't even get a flubber animation with the modchip on, did say erase writing got to the end then shutoff now nothing. 

Wont read hexen2019 from boot just stays back screen

Edited by Halo_2

Hi Halo_2

Sound more like a bios problem.

What version Xbox is it ?

When you are booting the Hexen disk your are putting the disk in the DVD drive 1st then powering off the Xbox then powering on with the chip enabled and Hexen can take around 60 seconds or more some times.

Are you sure that you used a M8 BIOS? not that should make too much difference unless you tried putting a 512/1024 size  in the chip and it crashed during the reflash.

SS Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Well im pissed off

Modchip arrived and swapped over only for the d0 point on the back to come off, so I was trying to get it perfect and did it numerous times to the point the motherboard pad is gone so now the xbox doesn't boot :(

The 500GB hard drive is locked with hexen is it possible to hook it up to a PC use the clean command so it can go in another xbox?

Or if I get another xbox and modchip it can I unlock from hexen?

Edited by Halo_2

If you have the eeprom.bin backup saved to your PC as you should do first thing after FTPing to the console.  You can unlock the hard drive with a PC and the appropriate hard drive utility. 

XboxHDM23USB's main menu option to unlock the hard drive does not permanently remove the lock.  Once the hard drive is power cycled, it will again be locked.

There are tools inside the Linux OS it uses that can permanently remove the lock IF you have the eeprom.bin backup.  There are also other Windows hard drive utilities that can remove the lock from the hard drive if you know the password. I believe the hddinfo.txt file should have the password if you downloaded it.