OGXbox.com

Weird Issue With Og XBox V1.6 and MuppetX

sidocious

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

HI Sidocious

I this pic one of the solder joints looks suss some more flux and a bit more heat for a fraction longer is needed 

Are you using a D0 wire or have you cut the Lframe point?

SS Dave

I will do what you recommend... ANd will back to inform all of you.

Usually I use D0 wire on the bottom of mobo.

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I think for the MuppetX, it needs a 1MB (49LF080A) EEPROM instead of a 256KB (49LF020A) EEPROM.  Its banks are 512KB (2x256KB) for a BIOS flashed it). I'm not sure if it will load a BIOS file properly with the smaller EEPROM installed in it.

The Aladdin XT chips use the 256KB (2Mbit - 49LF020A's).

Cromwell is a 256KB BIOS as are the modified/hacked EvolutionX M8 and M8+; Team Xecuter X2 4981 and 4983; and iND-BiOS 5003 and 5004 BIOSes.  I don't see why any of these others flashed to the modchip would act any differently - no video output.

Yes, all of that crystal clear for me.

But I can't explain it better way. If I use 256KB m8+ in the aladdin, there is no output. If I use it with cromwell I got output on TV.

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I would normally use the D0 on the bottom of the PCB but the last one I did I forgot to run the wire and refitted the mobo so I cut the trace it's next to the text U7C1

412943783_1_6cut.thumb.jpg.5610d69ddd18e389da96de9f703396f9.jpg

SS Dave

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.  

I will check it (or test it). Thanks

Don't worry about re-soldering or cutting the trace.

I had a version 1.1 that did the same it'would only work on the version 1.6 BIOS in a DUO X2 mod chip and I found that it was still active on my network and was able to FTP in to it.

Try flashing this to you Aladdin chip and give it a go.

Just remove the ver 1.6

ver 1.6 bios.bin

SS Dave

1 hour ago, sidocious said:

Yes, all of that crystal clear for me.

But I can't explain it better way. If I use 256KB m8+ in the aladdin, there is no output. If I use it with cromwell I got output on TV.

That makes no sense to me.  If Cromwell boots and has video output, so should Evox's M8+ BIOS.  As @SS_Dave mentions above, are you flashing the correct version of the M8+ BIOS to the modchip.  There are two different dot bin files.  One for 1.0-1.5, m8plus.bin, and another for 1.6, m8plus16.bin, revisions of the Xbox.

Once more, which video cable are you using and TV model and region (PAL or NTSC)?

Is it the stock composite video cable that has a Yellow RCA jack for standard definition video out along with Red and White RCA jacks for analog stereo audio out?

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

That makes no sense to me.  If Cromwell boots and has video output, so should Evox's M8+ BIOS.  As @SS_Dave mentions above, are you flashing the correct version of the M8+ BIOS to the modchip.  There are two different dot bin files.  One for 1.0-1.5, m8plus.bin, and another for 1.6, m8plus16.bin, revisions of the Xbox.

Once more, which video cable are you using and TV model and region (PAL or NTSC)?

Is it the stock composite video cable that has a Yellow RCA jack for standard definition video out along with Red and White RCA jacks for analog stereo audio out?

And again, yes, I know it. There different bios for v1.0-1.5 and v1.6 and yes, I used the correct version of them.

I use original Xbox RCA (Yellow, Red, White) and that is works well, I have 6 of xboxes here now, so every other one work with this cable.

I have a PAL LCD TV, but I never found any problem to use any region of xbox on my TV.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Don't worry about re-soldering or cutting the trace.

I had a version 1.1 that did the same it'would only work on the version 1.6 BIOS in a DUO X2 mod chip and I found that it was still active on my network and was able to FTP in to it.

Try flashing this to you Aladdin chip and give it a go.

Just remove the ver 1.6

ver 1.6 bios.bin 256 kB · 0 downloads

SS Dave

Thank you, I will test it and will inform you.

I know it should have worked but the same with my version 1.0 it should have worked with both of the BIOS's that where in the DUO X2 chip at the time and the chip and both banks where working fine in a 1.2 box that I have not re-flashed yet.

I am clutching at straws with my Xbox that had no video may be it was interacting with the on-board bios even with the D0 grounded as the on-board bios was corrupted by me flashing a 256 kb to a 1 meg chip.

It seems computers have a mind of there own and no amount of input from us can make it change it's mind

SS Dave

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I know it should have worked but the same with my version 1.0 it should have worked with both of the BIOS's that where in the DUO X2 chip at the time and the chip and both banks where working fine in a 1.2 box that I have not re-flashed yet.

I am clutching at straws with my Xbox that had no video may be it was interacting with the on-board bios even with the D0 grounded as the on-board bios was corrupted by me flashing a 256 kb to a 1 meg chip.

It seems computers have a mind of there own and no amount of input from us can make it change it's mind

SS Dave

You"ve helped me more than I imagine... And of course KaosEngineer too... Afternoon I wil try every new idea, I will use your bios, I will desolder everything from mobo and clean it up, so than solder LPC fix with short cables and reheat everything, cut the trace... If all of them fail, I will burn the whole Xbox and drop out from 4... :)

Thank you for everything. @KaosEngineer thank you too.

Edited by sidocious
too fast submit

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I tested everything. Desolder everything, cleaned the mobo, solder a new pinhead, built a short wired LPC fix, as @KaosEngineer show, soldered the Aladdin which is flashed by BIOS from @SS_Dave but it is failed again. Than cut the trace and tested again, failed. Just now Xbox give the "christmas light" effect... So, thats it :)

When 49LF080A will arrive, I will try it again with the MuppetX which was in it before... But I'm really hopeless now :)

Thanks for every help!

3 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Link the cut trace and boot from the Aladdin mod chip is the led steady green?

if so is the Xbox listed on your network and can you FTP into it?

SS Dave

Before I cut the trace, the led was steady green and tested the FTP connection too, but there wasn't any new device on my DHCP list :S

On the next week (because today our family go to holiday) I will test again.

Have a nice weekend for you!

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

Happy New Year all of you!

Finally I've got some 48LF080A so, I used @samspin MuppetX bios to flash it. But that is failed again... Soldered out it again.

I tried some other bioses with aladdin modchip. Failed, failed, failed. Than I flashed aladdin with the oldest EvoM8 (not plus!) bios. Than the xbox started with this bios. Do not ask how it is possible, but this bios is the only one which is works in this xbox.

Weird and interesting... :)

Thank you all for so much help.