OGXbox.com

Aladdin XBlast Modchips

barnito

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, lotec25 said:

These mod chips are available. https://retrogamerstuff.com/   If you could just let him know I sent you that would be great. Thanks.

Also I have a ?  I set my Mod chip to boot directly into a certain Bios.  How can I get back in to change this?

I can’t find them on that store at all? Do you have a direct link to the page??

On 8/28/2019 at 5:00 AM, lotec25 said:

These mod chips are available. https://retrogamerstuff.com/   If you could just let him know I sent you that would be great. Thanks.

Also I have a ?  I set my Mod chip to boot directly into a certain Bios.  How can I get back in to change this?

if you are talking about the aladdin xblast chips, you should be able to use the xblast os (XBE) to change the settings of the chip, after all, thats what it was designed for.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:44 AM, nikeymikey said:

I can’t find them on that store at all? Do you have a direct link to the page??

I just ordered a jtag programmer about a week ago, still waiting on it to come in. when i get some more funds to purchase some new aladdin chips as well as the flash chips needed for xblast, i can make some aladdin xblast chips, if you are interested. Note, I'm also in the process of designing a new chip that utilizes the xblast code. if you are interested in one of those when i can get the PCB's made.

Edited by M0RPH10U5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

if you are talking about the aladdin xblast chips, you should be able to use the xblast os (XBE) to change the settings of the chip, after all, thats what it was designed for.

I just ordered a jtag programmer about a week ago, still waiting on it to come in. when i get some more funds to purchase some new aladdin chips as well as the flash chips needed for xblast, i can make some aladdin xblast chips, if you are interested. Note, I'm also in the process of designing a new chip that utilizes the xblast code. if you are interested in one of those when i can get the PCB's made.

Always interested in a new chip!!! I’ll also take some of the Aladdin XBPartitionner if you do them 👍🏻😃

3 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Always interested in a new chip!!! I’ll also take some of the Aladdin XBPartitionner if you do them 👍🏻😃

lol, you mean aladdin xblast? dont have any right now, but im working on it, still waiting on my programmer to come in, and i need to buy some more aladdin chips as well as the 1MB Flash chip. but i should have some hopefully soon.

3 hours ago, Xbmcmodsforxbox said:

no he makes them he makes alot of amazing products man

I'm aware, I orderd his x3lcd cable. Never implied that he ordered them to resell them, just merely pointing out that the last time I was on his site, he was out of stock of them, part of the reason I ordered stuff to make my own. That and to help anyone looking to get some.

3 hours ago, BraidenDawes said:

I need one for sure been searching everywhere currently about to get my hands a X3 just got to save a little more so I’ll buy a Xblast

X3's are expensive these days, if you are lucky enough to find one. I bought mine back in 2008 when there was still a decent supply and they were cheaper. love my x3.

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You could also send N64 Freak (he is a member here) a message he may still make the Xblast modchips

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thank you Dave.

• 5 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MadMartigan
      I made a post a few weeks back about getting a 1.6 with a HDD that immediately died after booting. Couldn’t get eeprom in time. Looks like someone was trying to tinker around and really screwed some things up. Without the wires and chip, the Xbox will boot into HDD failure error which I’m fully aware of. I tried getting two Aladdin chips fitted and neither one of them will boot. They both flash green light for a second and then power off. One chip shows red light and the other shows yellow. I’ve reflowed solder points countless times and still the same result. I’ve tried D0 grounded to board and the chip and other various places I’ve seen and read about, but nothing works. As you can see from the board, there have been several trace lifts, but from what I’ve seen I have everything linked up properly accordingly to the lifted traces. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I do not want to keep the chip inside so I have not cut the L-Frame. I just want to pull the eeprom and build a replacement drive. These Aladdin chips on 1.6 are proving to be a real pain in the ass. 

• By joublogs
      Hi all,
      I've been out of the scene for ages, but recently saved a few xboxen from clock cap death and bought some aladdin chips to mod them with.
      Also got some SATA to PATA converters, which I haven't gotten working: proper 2 cap version with the master / slave jumper and an 80-pin cable, seems to cause a conflict with the DVD drive in every config I can think of - OGXBOX DVD shows "linux" and then DVD keep seeking back and forth forever. I thought I'd update the bios to see if that helped.
      I've gone through as many threads related to this topic as I can e.g. https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3866-aladdin-flash-not-writable/ and tried the suggested solutions, but I am unable to flash a new bios to my modchip.
      I' going to try and provide as much information as possible as well as the things I've tried, in the hope that someone can assist.
      Top side of the board (this is one I haven't installed, installed one is identical with BT and D0 connected correctly, chip boots fine):

Bottom side of the board:

Stuck on erasing (and bios ID):

Bios hashes:

I'm using OGXBOX Installer 2021 DVD.
      Xbox is reported as 1.4.
      So I've tried the following:
      xflash for sst49fl020: seems to be able to dump the flash, but fails on flash with an "Flash check id failed, are you sure you have flash enabled?" XBlast 0.56: select evoxm8_67. when I press both triggers, start and white, the xbox reboots (wtf?) OGXBOX menu flash: gets stuck on erase as per the image above Tried the short and long power button presses, doesn't seem to change anything. "Chip: Protected" appears on the OGXBOX screen Any suggestions? I do have a minipro programmer somewhere with (I think) the correct adapter so could try that as last resort.
      Thanks
      -j
    • By Mu.
      I was looking at the typical Aladdin XT 2 Plus modchips that are still available/being produced for the Xbox a while ago, and I thought to myself that the wiring to permanently ground the BT pad seemed a little inelegant. I took a quick look at the traces on the PCB and lo and behold, they trace back to adjacent pins on the Lattice CPLD chip!
      Going forward should I ever need to install another XT 2 Plus, I'll forego the wire and just bridge those two pins.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.