OGXbox.com

Please Help Me Identify My Mod Chip

Aloony

26 minutes ago, samspin said:

Upload "XBlast OS.XBE" from the zip to anywhere on your Xbox HDD via FTP, along with the chosen BIOS file. Then you can use "File Manager" from within UnleashX (in this case, HEXEN uses UnleashX as it's main menu) to browse to the XBE and run it.

which of these files would be the one for F&G capability in the EvoX bios files?

about to FTP it to HDD of xbox

image.png.ff6aaf83f51b79be0eb4abbd38e34300.png

1 hour ago, samspin said:

Upload "XBlast OS.XBE" from the zip to anywhere on your Xbox HDD via FTP, along with the chosen BIOS file. Then you can use "File Manager" from within UnleashX (in this case, HEXEN uses UnleashX as it's main menu) to browse to the XBE and run it.

omg! Xblast worked!! had to create folder called Bios then had to create image folder too but put the files in there , ran xblast and wished myself all the luck thinking id brick the xbox lol

and wallahhhhhhhhh Bios changed  Thank youuuuuuuuuuu 

image.png.09c30120f1cf76cf2385ea647e73b5b8.png

Excellent! To remove the EVO-X logo you've now got there, you'd first need to open the BIOS file with EVTool and untick "EvoX Logo" then save and upload the modified BIOS file and flash again.
Make sure you leave "Ignore hard drive partition table" UNTICKED and leave it as "Partition 6 takes rest of drive"! It does not matter that you'll have two partitions extra when using a 2TB, it will still work just fine. Just to be sure you're onto a winner, drop in a 2TB HDD if you have one and check all the partitions work.
Here's how I end up having to do it:
Use XBPartitioner 1.3. To get the F&G partitions to equal size, scroll down to one of them and press B. Then press start to create the extra partitions and table.
Sometimes, despite setting up the partition table, the G partition will show as 0 size, and the F partition will have a wrong size. To correct this:
go back into UnleashX and enter the administration menu to format the partitions (you'll need to use the password "Xbox" without quotes). It will warn about formatting partitions larger than it can handle, just choose yes anyway. When you've done both F and G, go back into XBPartitioner and you will see that the last two partitions are marked ERR. Press the white button on your controller until "format selected partition" appears. Highlight and format the last two partitions again. This ensures that the sector size is correct and will avoid data corruption. I know it's strange having to format effectively three times but it does work. UnleashX will show a slightly higher size for both partitions but as long as both are equal before uploading anything, and the sector size is correct, it should be fine.

Edited by samspin

5 hours ago, bluemeanie23 said:

it's a aladdin  xt lite Cromwell version same pcb layout as the 4064just no headers and a 4032 

That helps a lot! So... the mystery has been solved. The OP's chip is a Xenochip Lite, a clone of the Aladdin XT without the pinheaders! It also looks like someone else had the same problem a couple of years ago: https://assemblergames.com/threads/what-modchip-is-this-and-how-to-remove-write-protection.65562/
In that thread, the OP never did manage to flash from the Xbox, they had to resort to an external programmer as I probably would have done. So you are very lucky that XBlast now exists!
Apparently the reason yours is white is because a select few were made as Christmas specials in 2004- read through the AssemblerGames thread I linked to and KaosEngineer's post confirms this.

4 hours ago, samspin said:

That helps a lot! So... the mystery has been solved. The OP's chip is a Xenochip Lite, a clone of the Aladdin XT without the pinheaders! It also looks like someone else had the same problem a couple of years ago: https://assemblergames.com/threads/what-modchip-is-this-and-how-to-remove-write-protection.65562/
In that thread, the OP never did manage to flash from the Xbox, they had to resort to an external programmer as I probably would have done. So you are very lucky that XBlast now exists!
Apparently the reason yours is white is because a select few were made as Christmas specials in 2004- read through the AssemblerGames thread I linked to and KaosEngineer's post confirms this.

Hey Samspin

Your method worked a treat after few times it finally worked and it flashed without any issues. I did worry at start but it all went well. Appreciate your help.

I have made note of your posts about the way to partition the HDD and in EVtools.

Thanks again