OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT Totally Lost

sinclairuser

This is the 3rd time some one has asked the same question in 2 days

If you link the BT point on the mod chip to GND the chip will be always on.

That means you only have to solder the D0 point on the chip to D0 point on the mother board.

1360097769_modchipallwayson.jpg.4030b07858532edfe75627a97e619a67.jpg

SS Dave

Those that can hard-mod, Those that can’t soft-mod.

16 minutes ago, c0tt0nm0ufh said:

.  The BT i think.  You COULD solder the d0 point to the modchip, but I've never tried it.

If you do that it won't activate the chip as the BT on the chip will not get pulled to ground  to activate the chip

SS Dave

1 minute ago, nikeymikey said:

Do you have it the right way around? The writing on the back of the chip should be the correct way to read when looking from the front of the Xbox.

yes mikey, its due to where the caps are on 1.4, its definately the right way round i'm going to sand a "cats knacker" off the bottom edge.

while your here what is your opinion on the D0, on a 1.4 would you ground it or connect it to D0 on the chip, i like the idea of booting the stock bios if the chip fails, but i'm not convinced thats intended for xboxes other than 1.6.

i know it sounds like i'm pussyfooting around but i dont want to get it wrong.

Not sure what you meen about it won't fit because of a cap in the way can you post a pic?

Why are you fitting a mod chip in a version 1.4 instead of reflashing the BIOS?

The only time I have seen a mod chip fail is when installed incorrectly or when a reflash fails.

The only reason for making it boot to the MS BIOS was for Xbox Live and in that case the BT point on the chip was wired to the power button. Then powering on with the eject would boot the MS BIOS and using the power button would boot the modded BIOS.

AladdinXT_plus.thumb.jpg.ba9a29238279d403284caf6448703dc3.jpg

SS Dave

right on my 1.4 these 2 caps below the lpc are 2 huge silver solid electrolytics  

though i have fitted it now, it was a real tight fit its obviously been recapped, i didn't tsop for 2 reasons i have a tsop the 1.1 i wanted to chipmod this one.

after the caper with the 1.1 i didn't fancy it besides its a 256 winbond..

371962068_1.4xbox.png.99cb816c65262d22c235893a85f6cfc9.png

Edited by sinclairuser

I see what you mean now. This it a Version 1.2 MB

It would work mounted like the pic but it looks dodgy.

984778060_modchip.jpg.8364b9b91dd3ac38a1bc333da16f95c1.jpg

You could mount it this way.

1370578087_modchip1.jpg.a87b8bd5eb83e0cc42adefc47c148daf.jpg

Yes I know it's not a Aladdin plus2 it's one I pulled from a $10 nonworking version 1.1 box because the person that fitted it used to much heat when soldering and lifted traces.

SS Dave

that's it Dave, that one in the pic looks even worse than mine, if i had noticed it before putting the pin-header in i would have used the quick solder pads.

well its in now, it still booted after the header was fitted, though i have not tried the chip yet doing that tomorrow, if it boots then i will build the hdd with hexen 19, if it works should i reflash first or build the drive, i cant use its stock drive as its got softmod files on it.