blainelocklair

Crash On 4-Button Return To Menu & Games Not Showing In Menu

Hello everyone!

Hoping to get a bit of help with two small issues. Using UnleashX with the green block theme, but having the same issues without regard to the skin selected.

First is that if I use the two triggers and the far left / far right buttons (back and something else) to return from a game to the main menu, the XBOX crashes with error 07. Power off and power on cycle sets thing right, but strange that it crashes just because I try to go back to the menu from inside a game.

Second is that loaded games don't automatically show up in the "XBOX Games" menu. For example, I've burned a disc over to the HDD and also copied one through FTP. In both instances, I had to go into the game through File Explorer, start the .xbe file, and then go back to the menu to see the game in the games list.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

Blaine

Sounds like the hard drive is not setup correctly the only time that's happened to me is doing the in game reset (left and right trigger, back and black) from a install/setup DVD.

What hard drive model do you have installed? 

If it is a SATA hard drive and IDE-to-SATA adapter combo, are you using the stock 40-wire 40-pin IDE cable or an 80-wire 40-pin high-speed IDE/Ultra ATA cable?

5 hours ago, blainelocklair said:

Second is that loaded games don't automatically show up in the "XBOX Games" menu. For example, I've burned a disc over to the HDD and also copied one through FTP. In both instances, I had to go into the game through File Explorer, start the .xbe file, and then go back to the menu to see the game in the games list.

Any ideas?

UnleashX does not automagically add a new game to the menu list once you have added its content to the hard drive.  It only builds the menu when it starts up.

You have to restart UnleashX (reboot) or run the game and exit which restarts UnleashX.

Or, manually refresh the Game Menu.  Highlight it in the menu list (it is the selected menu item) then press the Start button and select Refresh List... in the pop-up menu that appears.

Hi! Been fighting these stupid sinus allergies for a few days, but back at it.

I was able to get UnleashX to see the newly added games by power off / power on cycling the Xbox. Good call, y'all! :) 

Still can't get the LTrig-Start-Blk-RTrg combo to behave right. Whether I exit from a game that way, or even reboot the Xbox through the menu system, still get the 07 error. I've attached a screenshot with the details of the hard drive. It's a WD Green 1TB SATA. Using this SATA-to-IDE Adapter from Amazon, which seems to be working great:

Please login or register to see this link.

Something in the config must be off. Any ideas?

Thanks! - Blaine

Please login or register to see this attachment.

It still sounds like the hard disk is missing some files or not setup correctly.

Is it Hardmodded or softmodded

I have seen some talk about not using the WD Green drives for  Xbox's some thing to do with the parking of the heads and power saving.

Code 7 is for HDD timeout, it means either not spinning up in tie or not able to read.

I use the WD Blue or WD Black drives in my setup's

SS Dave

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Most likely its a problem caused by the GREEN drive.  The GREEN features need to be disabled on the hard drive.  There were tools available from WD to disable the idle spin down feature of the GREEN drive.

Use a BLUE or better WD drive that doesn't spin down which then takes time to get ready after it does.  The Xbox does not handle that well as you've seen.

When the Xbox attempts to access the drive it is not ready thus the Xbox throws the error 7 message - HDD timeout.  

44 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Most likely its a problem caused by the GREEN drive.  The GREEN features need to be disabled on the hard drive.  There were tools available from WD to disable the idle spin down feature of the GREEN drive.

Use a BLUE or better WD drive that doesn't spin down which then takes time to get ready after it does.  The Xbox does not handle that well as you've seen.

When the Xbox attempts to access the drive it is not ready thus the Xbox throws the error 7 message - HDD timeout.  

That's pretty much  the same as what I said  in post 6.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:05 PM, SS_Dave said:

It still sounds like the hard disk is missing some files or not setup correctly.

I have seen some talk about not using the WD Green drives for  Xbox's some thing to do with the parking of the heads and power saving.

Code 7 is for HDD timeout, it means either not spinning up in tie or not able to read.

I use the WD Blue or WD Black drives in my setup's

SS Dave

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

Thanks everyone! Good call on the green drive. I'm going the 2TB route shortly and I'll be sure to use the WD Black or Blue route. The Green was a donor drive from a friend to allow me to get the HDD swap process mastered. It'll head over to a PS2 to live life there. It seems to perform just fine in the PS2 as I've installed a smaller but same Green series drive in one with a SATA adapter and it rolls right along. Yeah, I know PS2 is a four-letter word here, so I'm back on track on the OG.

Thanks!