OGXbox.com

Save File Only Works On One XBox

Steo1024

Has anyone else ever encountered a save file only working on one console? I have a Rayman 3 save that only seems to work on the 1GHz CPU, 128MB RAM console I got from N64freak, and I have no idea what's going on.

I originally played the game on a softmodded 1.6, then ended up transferring the save to the upgraded 1.0 to continue playing on that console. After the PSU failed in the 1.0 and I managed to fix it, I wanted to back up the save in case it ever fails again on me. To my surprise, the save file doesn't want to work on either of the 3 Xboxes I tried it on, it only works on the 1.0, nothing else.

When I try load the save from another console, I see this and it won't load:

20191012_233902.thumb.jpg.dd54b2f6e75770ff831029afd91a5ebb.jpg

However, when I use the 1.0, it works as it should:

20191013_015638.thumb.jpg.1cc0211c1d3af338ec6dabeb31939d31.jpg

I even tried copying the entire TDATA and UDATA folders from the 1.0 aside from the music, but I still got the same result. I have no idea what's going on.

My only means of transferring saves is via FTP, but that worked when I transferred it to the 1.0, and works for all other games.

There are NTSC and PAL saves available for Rayman 3 from the old now defunct xbox-saves.com web site:

NTSC - All levels unlocked - https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/warchives/xbox-saves/files/55530002.zip

PAL-UK level 17 by Granuz (Ita) - https://downloads.diodematrix.com/homebrew/warchives/xbox-saves/files/55530002_004110AB133B_3C15P2937.zip

The UDATA and TDATA folders for this game are named 55530002 - Rayman 3's assigned TitleID.

Thanks for the reply, I actually wasn't aware that some save files only worked on one cosole like that.

I've figured out what was wrong anyway. For some reason, even though Filezilla on Linux worked fine for every other save and xbe I transferred to the Xbox, I tried booting into Windows and used FlashFXP, as I recall using that before.

Surprisingly the save file works now after using FlashFXP, so I wonder what Filezilla was doing differently during the transfer. I thought it might have had something to do with changing the timestamp, but I'm not even sure if that really makes sense. 

8 hours ago, Steo1024 said:

Thanks for the reply, I actually wasn't aware that some save files only worked on one cosole like that.

I've figured out what was wrong anyway. For some reason, even though Filezilla on Linux worked fine for every other save and xbe I transferred to the Xbox, I tried booting into Windows and used FlashFXP, as I recall using that before.

Surprisingly the save file works now after using FlashFXP, so I wonder what Filezilla was doing differently during the transfer. I thought it might have had something to do with changing the timestamp, but I'm not even sure if that really makes sense. 

i have been noticing problems with filezilla lately, when i first started playing with xbox again i installed filezilla and used it to load stuff to the xbox, every time i used it it would bug me about updating it though it worked perfect, the other day i gave in and let it update and ever since iv'e had problems with large uploads.

now on large uploads it gives up half way through, it goes through the motions but ultimately fails to transfer any files, it did not do this before updating, if you try to re-upload the failed files it wont upload them, but if you disconnect and re-connect it then uploads the previously failed files fine.

i have been hoping its a bug and have been checking for another update, but today i gave in and uninstalled filezilla and re-installed the first copy that worked fine and just dis-abled updates.

but this could help someone.

@sinclairuser, what version of FileZilla do you currently have installed? and, which version did you have installed that had problems?

I have updated many times since I last knew that large file uploads were working.  My current version on Windows 10 is 3.45.1.

My Xbox's hard drive does not have much space left to try uploading a huge file at this time to test this version of the FTP client.

Edited by KaosEngineer

• 3 weeks later...