martinoss

Upgraded Ram, Yes! But, Installed Wrong Bios After That.

Hello guys

I have upgraded my ram in the xbox and that works flawlessly first i installed the xblast boot os and tested every chip and success.
then i installed ind 5003.67 and it works also correct but he did not see the G drive so i format it but still not seeing that partition.

I thought maybe i must install the BFM bios but now i think it was for an xbox 1.6 because he wont boot.
the xbox turn on then go of twice and then stay on but no screen.
Can i reflash the chip? with a pickkit or something other way.
Can i fix this? or do i need a new aladdin xt2 chip. and will they boot on an 128mb board with stock bios.
I dont know if the xbox run with a not compatible 128gb ram bios or that it will boot but takes only 64mb.

thanks for youre time.

i cant edit the topic but i was back to my hobby room and tryed to do a hotswap with an other xbox who has a softmod or tsop but he says chip not writable.
so is this possible and how.
I have only one chip so i can't do the hot swap with a second chip. but only softmod or tsop i think that is the reason it wont work?

Edited by martinoss

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By twiztid777
      Will pay good money for one let me know ok thanks 
    • By Daimonion
      Hi I'm after a bit of help; my Xbox 1.0 just crashed during a bios flash (I was using HeXen 2018)

My Xbox will no longer boot (HD Error 05) and I don't have the adapter to flash my modchip on my PC.

Unfortunately I can't even recall what my modchip is, and I've long since lost the PC (Parallel?) adaptor it came with.

I've included a picture of the modchip, in case anyone remembers what it is.

Should I buy a new modchip? My soldering skills are not great so if there is any way of salvaging this solderers chip I'd be grateful.

Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By twoballscrewball
      Hi all, 
      First post here.   Have my soft modded OG xbox that I have had for probably 18 years.   Has a 120GB HDD in it, and I use it mostly for Mame at this point. 
      Just last evening, it started doing something very strange. 
      It boots up OK, I get the factory boot animation, "Matrix Inside", etc, but then when it transitions to the EVO-X menu, the screen only updates what looks like a frame every 2 seconds.   It will slloooooowly fade in the EVO-X menu, then I can hold "down" on the controller and it will slooooowly move from one menu entry to the next.  It's almost unusable.   
      Once I start an app, everything is OK.   For example, Mame works fine.   It just literally takes 5-10 minutes to get through the menu to start it up. 
      It has been probably 15 years since I have messed with this thing, as far as modifying anything.   Anyone have any suggestion as to what might be going on?

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.