OGXbox.com

Why Are XBox Power Supply Upgrades Neglected?

I am reposting this topic again because i think the topic was pulled down.  I asked a question?, To all the owners, modder's, collector's whatever, whoever.  The God knowledge CPU upgraders...ETC

Why is the Power supply upgrade neglected?  Come on guys make your system better than ever,   the ultimate original xbox

Power Is the single most vital none motherboard component in you hybrid pc game console that can be improved really easy if you wanted to.  Give your system a larger deeper well of wattage to draw water from, so your system will run more efficiently then ever before because not a single watt asked for is not given to it immediately with ease of operation. 

Have your fan's run faster and at full speed effortlessly,  Open the possibility for other hardware mods or definitely other cooling mods.  Power is important,

not to big ...'

not to small

but just the right oversized power supply,   

Bigger than the manufacturer's  But not too big.  Any flex atx will do with modification.  Or heavy modification depending on what your skill set is and what equipment you have to work with.  Message me with questions and i will give you my email.. Console power supplies suck.    Power was limited by the space in witch the power supply had to go into at the time of current technology of consoles.  Consoles are computer's dummed down.  Anyway point being always and i mean always upgrade the consoles power supply first then the rest of the crap.

Cpu upgrade, ram upgrade, mod chip upgrade,  lights upgrade, cooling upgrade.  Blah Blah Blah, 

What do all of these mods have in common?

More Power consumption of the system.  They are all almost worthless without the larger wattage well to draw from...  Upgrade your power supplies to these amazing modded consoles. 

Compliment your ram upgrade, cpu, upgrade, mod chip upgrade, lights upgrade, etc with a better atx power supply.  Any flex atx will do see my photos on mine. Also i am selling on ebay 4 fat model ps2's custom painted with a double size power supply riged in it.  It runs better than ever.  Despite maximum wattage use.  That is based on an inadequate power supply that is small enough to fit in a compact space.  Now uh days we have 1U server power supplies that deliver up to 1000 watts, Flex atx, standard 1u flex atx, tfx, sfx...ETC U name it... it exist now... Compact power punching power supplies.  It just takes a little creativity and a little desire to upgrade.  Remember the xbox uses a 3.3 standby mode.  So you have to mod you small power supply to do this.  Easy money,  just get a step down transformer tiny logic board.  Convert 5 volt volt stand by VSB to 3.3 VSB.  USING A BUCK CONVERTER.   

DSCN0437.JPG

DSCN0419.JPG

In my case I am just happy upgrading my USA PSU 110v to a 220v PAL PSU, that N64freak sent me. I needed this because in my country Chile we have 220v but NTSC format. Sadly customs charged me almost 35 dollars in TAX, because according to them, it was a console...

I am still happy though, custom bastards won't take away my happyness :) (the problem was that N64freak sent me 4 PSU, that's the other reason I got taxed...)

Cheers to all.

1 hour ago, Hector Hidalgo said:

In my case I am just happy upgrading my USA PSU 110v to a 220v PAL PSU, that N64freak sent me. I needed this because in my country Chile we have 220v but NTSC format. Sadly customs charged me almost 35 dollars in TAX, because according to them, it was a console...

I am still happy though, custom bastards won't take away my happyness :) (the problem was that N64freak sent me 4 PSU, that's the other reason I got taxed...)

Cheers to all.

So was that 100% tax or close to it.

The government has to make money some how.

It probably should have been marked as spare parts.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can hard-mod, Those that can’t soft-mod.

10 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

So was that 100% tax or close to it.

The government has to make money some how.

It probably should have been marked as spare parts.

Cheers

SS Dave

Those that can hard-mod, Those that can’t soft-mod.

Mostly the government stealing money from me, about 33 dollars exactly, and they marked my power supplies like they costed 100 dollars the package and from that completely fictitous number, they charged the TAX.

By the way SS Dave, I am doing my replacement of the power supply right at this moment. Do you know wich PSU is better? I have 3 Delta PSU's and 1 Tuscany. The only difference is that the Tuscany seems to have more copper resistors and staff.

Any idea of which is a better brand? Thank you Dave! You are super helpfull :)

Edited by Hector Hidalgo

I have found that all the power supply's are about the same but in saying that the Foxlink one interferes with my Ham radio if it's near (1 meter + away) the radio and the top is off the xbox where's the Delta one' s don't.

I had a quick look around here and 2 of the box's I am working on have Delta supply's and the Xbox in the Man cave has a Foxlink and I have a Tuscany in a untested box.

One thing I have noticed that the power supply's get warm even when in standby from memory around 38 degrees Celsius after 1 hour of no usage measured with a non-contact temperature gauge room temp around 20 deg.

I use a auto power board for the man cave one that removes all powers but the master outlet which is has the TV plugged in to that. Saves power but more importantly no heat in the power supply when not in use. the others I switch off at the wall when not in use.

Cheers 

SS Dave

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I have found that all the power supply's are about the same but in saying that the Foxlink one interferes with my Ham radio if it's near (1 meter + away) the radio and the top is off the xbox where's the Delta one' s don't.

I had a quick look around here and 2 of the box's I am working on have Delta supply's and the Xbox in the Man cave has a Foxlink and I have a Tuscany in a untested box.

One thing I have noticed that the power supply's get warm even when in standby from memory around 38 degrees Celsius after 1 hour of no usage measured with a non-contact temperature gauge room temp around 20 deg.

I use a auto power board for the man cave one that removes all powers but the master outlet which is has the TV plugged in to that. Saves power but more importantly no heat in the power supply when not in use. the others I switch off at the wall when not in use.

Cheers 

SS Dave

Those who can hard-mod, Those who can’t soft-mod.

So you are saying ALL (Tuscany, Delta, etc) PSU's get warm while only plugged in to the wall? And with the Xbox turned off?

It would be a bummer, because I bought this PSU in hopes of simply keeping it plugged in to the wall all the time without having to worry... and of course so I don't have to use a heavy and noisy power down converter (110v to 220v).

And thank you Dave for your always amazing and constructive feedback ;) Is always nice to read your experiences on the matter, is cool.

Edited by Hector Hidalgo