OGXbox.com

Beginner Questions

Lopal

Hey Guys!

I got my hands on a xbox 1.6 with Aladdin xt plus 2 Chip. I really like it, but somehow there must be some stuff screwd up.

Im trying to use the IGR, but I can't get it to work. I tried all Hotkey combinations I found on the internet, but nothing works. That was the first thing I noticed.

On the Xbox is xbmc. If im going to settings where the "about xbmc" option is, nothing happens. It doesn't show me anything. The Dude who sold me the xbox said, XBMC 3.3.3 is installed. XBMC itself show me on home screen, there is a newer version 3.5.3. I researched and found out aboashboard.ut Rockky5s XBMC4Gamers, which looks incredible.

I did some more research to find out how to get it run. So I found out, on softmodded xbox you need to make Shortcuts. But on Hardmodded Xbox you can change the Boot directory. Well... so I downloaded, XBMC4Gamers folder from Rocky5s Github, put it on my E drive and in settings/Programs/General under Dashboard directory, I switched it from C:\xboxdash.xbe to E:\XBMC4gamers\deafault.xbe

But nothing happens when I reboot. Still same old xbmc Dashboard. Also I noticed there is on the C Drive another Dashboard Called evoxdash.xbe. If I try to start from this nothing changes either.

Im not sure if I do something wrong or if there's something wrong with the xbox. Maybe someone can help me out.

Also I ask me the Question if there is any new BIOS for the Xbox that I should install. How do I know which installer CD I have to use? There are so many out there... 

Don't worry about changing the BIOS

Do not try and softmod it as it will crash.

Did you find a directory on the xbox called XBMC using file explorer or FTP program?.

Just replace the files in the Xbox XBMC directory with the XBMC4GAMERS ones you downloaded

That should get you up and running.

Or you can blow the lot away and start afresh.

I use Slayers 2.7 install DVD but it seems that a lot of people are using Hexen 2019 DVD that can be downloaded from the download section here.

When burning a disk for Xbox's set the write speed of your burner as slow as it will go.

SS Dave

Thanks for the help @SS_Dave!

So actually I cannot find a specific folder for XBMC on any of the partitions (C, D, E, F, Q).  Only on Drive C and Q have files that have XBMC in their name. But them are log files... No XBMC Folder. ?? Could it be there are files or Folders invisible? It seems like Q and C are the same drives?! How come? o.O

What do you mean by blow the lot away? Like resetting the xbox and starting from zero? I actually would love to do this to better understand everything and know my system.

Another Question about the IGR. I found a tool called EVTool. Its supposed to edit the M8+ BIOS, which is on my chip. Do you or anybody here have experience with it?

Yes blow the lot away is starting from fresh.

You need to make 5 posts here then you can down load the Hexen disk that need's to be burn to a DVD. My preference of disk's it verbatim DVD-R but most DVD-R should be fine.

Some people have had success using DVD-RW disks as well.

As your Xbox has a mod chip do not try and soft-mod it as it will crash

There are plenty of BIOS files on the Hexen disk that you can use

The Evtool will let you change the Evox M8 BIOS but the chip more than likely has a M8 Bios in it.

You could mod a new M8 BIOS and reflash the mod chip but start with a clean install then worry about the IGR

The IGR should work with the BIOS that's already in the chip.

SS Dave

• Like 1

Okay just to make sure.

1. I will refresh the Bios on the Chip with Hexen 2019 with the option Evox M8+ 256kb Bios 1.6 F and G (This will update the Modchip with newest Bios of the Hexen Cd?)
  2. After that again with Hexen CD, I make a new Disk for Option F and G ( This will erase everything on the Harddrive, right?)

And that it should be, right?!

There should still be an option in the Stock Dashboard, to tell the system from which dashboard it should boot right? So I just gonna transfer via FTP a copy of XBMC4Gamers to drive E (Or better D?) and configure the system so it boots the Dashboard.xbe from XBMC4Gamers?!  Right?

I feel so dumb and sorry 😅