OGXbox.com

Other Hdd No Boot From Any Disk.

martinoss

Hello guys

I am really stuck and broken 4 xboxes the last week with flashing wrong because i want to know where my problem is.

My xbox has the aladdin xt plus 2 modchip in it and it work fine but...
when i want to put a new drive in it it wont boot from disc(auto installer, hexen 17 and 19, rocky)
The only disc it boots is slayer 2.7

The problem is with an other IDE or Sata drive no one boots up and slayer says the disk 0,0,0,0space
The sata adapter is with the 2 capacitors and it has worked on a softmodded xbox with the same 2tb sata drive.

I have tryed with different dvd drive, ide cables also the 80pin.
Also tryed different bios files, m8, xecuter 2 the other brokes my chip.

When i want to hotswap it the hdd clones the slave but when i want to boot it cant from drive or disc.

So what is the problem and what can i try next?

thanks for youre time.

IMG-20191004-WA0004.jpg

Hello,

I have a lot a questions to help you:

Which bios do you use on your alladin ? Evox 1.6 ?

Which dvd drive brand do you use ? Some reads only DVD-RW, other reads only DVD-R ...

Don't you forget to use an ATA 100/133 ribbon ?

Did you cross HDD, on the one  you need is lock on another console ?

bye

Oké, new i have 1 working xbox that only read hexen 19 with a Samsung drive other disks wont boot but that oke.

But i want to know where the problem is so ill take a other xbox and guess?? not reading the same disk. Thats a philips drive by the way.

Oké now answers to you're question.

The bios is properly m8, I screwed up 2 chips with flashing wrong bios Haha. I have installed bios checker 5.0 but can't see the bios.also slayer says unknown.

The drives are not locked, i have one out of a old laptop and a brand new one.

I bought the ide cable from alieexpress what is compatible with ata-33/66/100udma-33/66/100 80 pin.

138668353-746914959.jpg

Edited by martinoss

I had a similar issue.  It turned out that the Alladin wasn't properly soldered.  Did you make sure all the joints are good?  If you have the Alladin XT2, you should be able to use any hard drive on your Xbox. 

Or, is the issue that you have a two large HDD's and you're trying to clone them using the softmod?  If so, I've never done any softmods sorry.

How to make a big pile of junk Xbox box's in 1 easy step.

Put one box together with a DVD drive the mother board with the mod chip and your new hard disk using a 80 way cable make sure if there is a link on the Sata to Ide/Pata adaptor it needs to be on Master.

What version is the xbox with the mod chip?

When you boot the Xbox what comes up on you screen?

when you have done that get back to me.

SS Dave

18 hours ago, c0tt0nm0ufh said:

I still don't get you.  AFAIK, if you have a mod chip installed, you don't need to do the cloning.  You build the HDD thru the disc install.

yes i know but no disk is starting so ill tryed the cloning.

16 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

How to make a big pile of junk Xbox box's in 1 easy step.

Put one box together with a DVD drive the mother board with the mod chip and your new hard disk using a 80 way cable make sure if there is a link on the Sata to Ide/Pata adaptor it needs to be on Master.

What version is the xbox with the mod chip?

When you boot the Xbox what comes up on you screen?

when you have done that get back to me.

SS Dave

it is on master of course only needs to be set in slave when i want cloning.

It is an aladdin xt2 plus now i have m8plus16 on it.

When it boots up ill get the xbox logo with in the corner evox logo and then ill get an error 13,14 and that right because he cant start the dash.

Today ill bought a couple of brand disks and types cd-r,dvd+r dvd-r and dvd rw but the philips drives start nothing also another drives wont start, also i openid up and clean the lens with alcohol.
I have burned the dvds with a mac, windows asus laptop and an extern disk writer.

What is the best bios to run on the aladdin with big drive support. i install that and we take a look from there.

Edited by martinoss

LEAVE THE BIOS AS IS

If it is still booting Slayer 2.7 

Boot the Xbox with the SlaYer disk and your new Hard Disk fitted 

Use Option 3 New Install/ Full Rebuild

Then  option 3A Full Rebuild

Or

Burn a DVD with HEXEN  that can be downloaded from here

When burning set the right speed as slow as possible and use a DVD-R disk

But you new disk in the Xbox  that has the mod chip and the new hard drive and turn it on.

It will take about 1 minute or 2 and the eject button will turn red the screen may go black for a little bit but it's ok.

Have a look at option 3 TSOP Flashed /Chipped Xbox

Then Option 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 NTSC or PAL

Don't worry about locking the drive it's not needed any more

DO NOT try and do a soft-mod on this XBOX

SS Dave

2 hours ago, Benur75 said:

For all version except 1.6, you can use IND 5004.67 or IND5003.67

If, this is for 1.6 and later, you have to use EVOX M8 PLUS 1.6 CEF

They are both 256kb

bye

IMHO the IND5004.67/Ind5003.67 Bios's are slow and not worth it stick with he Evox M8 Bios

If you have a version Xbox it's a 1024kb/1 meg Bios unless your using a mod chip.

You can use Evtools to change the size and other options

I have set No DVD on boot,no TM(trade mark),no animation,no Splash Logo and if it's a 1.0 to1.4 then no Evox logo

I use fan speed 20% with Partition 6 up to 137 GB then part 7 takes the rest.

72082621_bootscreen.jpg.187457e5a0dbe7c7b66361768460ce28.jpg

I would say he would have left the links on and I had a look at my 1.4ghz mother board from him and the link is there.

With all of the BIOS re-flashes I have done I have only ever removed the links on 1 Xbox as I knew the owner would stuff it up by re-flashing it and expect me to fix it for free. Even then the owner returned the box with no Dash on it from stuffing around with it and wanted it fixed right then and blaming me for it not working.

8 hours ago, Steo1024 said:

I just checked and my 1.1 also has an ST Electronics TSOP, so it shouldn't be too difficult to solder the two points.

I wonder if the Sharp chip is a US only thing then, or just very uncommon.

Hard to say about the Sharp TSOP chip.

But had some one else tell me that version 1.0/1.1 Xbox's are not that common a quick count here

8 X 1.0/1.1

2 X 1.2 

3 X 1.6

2 X box's not even opened to look inside.

17 hours ago, Benur75 said:

For all version except 1.6, you can use IND 5004.67 or IND5003.67

If, this is for 1.6 and later, you have to use EVOX M8 PLUS 1.6 CEF

They are both 256kb

bye

I install the ind bios when i am finishen with the setup because the m8 not support 128ram.

But frist i want to know hey the xboxes are not.booting from disk.

1 hour ago, Steo1024 said:

I'd ask if you're sure the iso is being burned properly and what brand of discs you're using, but if it's booting slayer from the same type of media, I'm not really sure.

i used verbatim dvd-r, tevion dvd+r cd-r also vebatim, the slayer disk is also on verbatim dvd+r

Yeah Verbatim is the best media really, so we can rule that out. Surely all 4 of the drives can't have issues, but the only thing I can really think of is the drive not being able to read the disc. Have you tried just burning Hexen with another burner? I know that might sound silly, but it wouldn't surprise me if that solved the issue.

Edited by Steo1024