OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Dashboard Help!

Mountaindew117

Hello everyone i was wondering how i go about changing my dashboard from the normal unleashed x to the xmbc4gamers dashboard. I really like the layout option and to be able to see the cover art for the games you have installed on your console. I already have the rocky5 version (newest) downloaded on my computer but i'm not sure on what to do with the files? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

At one stage I used a Hexen disc to install XBMC and then set it as the dashboard, but my softmod on my 1.6 ended up messed up and I had to manually create an xbe shortcut pointing to XBMC. I'd assume you could just replace the files in E:\apps\XBMC (or F: if you have it there) with the new ones, and then it should have the new theme. I might actually try it out myself, having the cover art actually sounds nice.

How is your console modded?  If using Rocky5's softmod, installing XBMC4Gamers in one of the searched directories will make it the default dashboard since it is higher up in the load order:

• C:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC-Emustation\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC4Xbox\default.xbe
  • C:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • E:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • F:\XBMC\default.xbe
  • C:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • E:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • F:\dashboard\default.xbe
  • C:\dash\default.xbe
  • E:\dash\default.xbe
  • F:\dash\default.xbe
  • E:\default.xbe
  • E:\dashboard.xbe
  • C:\evoxdash.xbe
  • E:\evoxdash.xbe
  • C:\XBMC.xbe
  • E:\XBMC.xbe

24 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

How is your Xbox modded?

Soft or hard mod installed.

Softmod - Softmod Installer Deluxe (SID) or Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool

Hardmod - which BIOS are you booting.  It too has a much smaller boot order list (3) than Rocky5's softmod.

From 1 of his other posts

Hello all, I was just wondering why my xbox will hang up after turning it on at the boot screen. I have done a successful tsop mod with the 256k bios on a v1.4 xbox with the evox m8 plus F and G but when it completely shuts down and i eject the disc it will do the blob animation while showing the ecox in the left top corner and it says linux under the xbox logo but hangs up and will not proceed any further to my dashboard. I installed the bios using hexen 2019 disc. I was told to try to rebuild the hard drive but not to sure on how to do that through hexen. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

Edited Wednesday at 12:10 AM by Mountaindew117

I would say hard modded.