OGXbox.com

XBox Hdmi Solution - Pound Technologies Hd Link Cable - Full Unboxing, Setup, & Comparison

Hi everyone!

What started out as a "simple fix" for an Xbox I won at SEGE last month has turned into a full passion for getting the most our of it. To that end, I decided to up my game out of the back of the console by going the HDMI route. I invested in the Pound Technologies Xbox HDMI HD Link Cable, and I am thrilled to report that the results are great! I think you'll be pleased with it, especially if you're still connecting to an HDTV through composite.

Here's my complete unboxing, setup, and comparison of the original Xbox composite cable and the new HDMI Pound cable. Enjoy, and please share your thoughts on it.

Thanks!

Blaine

I

I've never seen one, but if they're actually as bad as you say for that price then that sucks. I expected them to be really cheap since they're called "pound".

I know those cheap thin crappy component cables from ebay are absolutely crap. They have highly visible noise and artifacts all over the screen and the audio buzzes louder as the screen gets brighter. They have no shielding whatsoever.

I'm in the process of making a component cable with a 360 cable, but I'd like to try out a HDMI solution. The OSSC does make component look nice on modern sets though, 480p x2 makes it look pretty sharp.

Edited by Steo1024

The Problem with the pound cable was the sound was studdering and the picture would freeze up That was on version 1.2.

I tested the pound cable on a version 1.1 with same sort of  results the same xbox with a cheap component to HDMI and a Compete to HDMI converter left it for dead so dose N64's HDMI Kit same games same TV.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!

• 7 months later...

Just got a Pound HDMI adapter and it flickers the video and audio to black every few seconds, super crappy. I'm on a 1.1, I've tried all resolutions and settings I could find, but still the flickering. Any suggestions or should I return it? I've seen others online with this exact issue, but there were no responses that were helpful.

I would send it back for a refund

I saw a review that the guy  was sent a new version to test after in the 1st review he bagged the crap out of it and the new version was no better.

From what I can gather the 1st gen cables where composite to HDMI and the 2nd gen is Component to HDMI but the input lead is poorly shielded cable and the converter is struggling to run on the 5 volt supply from the Xbox with some people saying the adding a good quality external 5 volt supply helped. 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

20 hours ago, JamerDoo said:

Nice!  Where/when did you source the Wii2HDMI?  

I hear there are some variances in quality amongst these adapters.

I've seen at least 5 variations of wii2HDMI PCB in tutorials, I expect(hope) later revisions are better quality. I got my wii2hdmi from Ebay/China, $8.50 AUD, writing on PCB underside: HYSD-30 0102

I noticed tonight theres a very small phase issue which disappears after a while - not sure if its my modification or an issue with wii2hdmi. I've got another wii2hdmi on order for spare xbox so I'll compare results when it comes.

Updated pic:

20200530_222923.jpg

3 hours ago, corona2222 said:

I've seen at least 5 variations of wii2HDMI PCB in tutorials, I expect(hope) later revisions are better quality. I got my wii2hdmi from Ebay/China, $8.50 AUD, writing on PCB underside: HYSD-30 0102

I noticed tonight theres a very small phase issue which disappears after a while - not sure if its my modification or an issue with wii2hdmi. I've got another wii2hdmi on order for spare xbox so I'll compare results when it comes.

Updated pic:

20200530_222923.jpg

It's luck of the draw I got some from eBay shipped from VIC to ACT in 4 days that work but that seller no longer sells them.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.