OGXbox.com

Alterative To Solder

sinclairuser

hi all just a quick tip for those wanting to tsop but cant solder and dont have any conductive paint

cut 2 tiny squares of copper tape (slug tape) about 4mm square, then cut 2 pieces of insulation tape about twice as big, stick the copper tape in the centre of the insulation tape dont try to peel the backing off the copper tape its too fiddly the plastic tape is sticky enough.

make sure the shiny side faces out, now take these two conductive "Bandaids" and stick them on the tsop points, make sure they are stuck well and reassemble the xbox.

run bios checker to make sure its flashable, if you were successful it will tell you your chip type and say tsop in brackets, flash your chip with your bios of choice, i recommend removing the "bandaids" after flashing, as this is temporary if you leave them they could come off and short something

this wont work for sharp type chips due to the extra wire, but i flashed a 1.4 today as an experiment and it worked.

alu foil might too though iv'e not tried it.

On 10/2/2019 at 1:38 PM, SS_Dave said:

Have seen a youtub clip of a xbox flashed that way years ago the poster did a flash on one without opening the box and not braking the warranty seals.

You could also get 2 people and hold small screwdrivers over the point and do the same.

Really how was that achieved,  without opening the console??

With a Ship load a patience and a steady hand and having something conductive on the end of stiff wire covered in heat shrink though the vents on the side with small led also on a skewer inside for illumination then holding them on the correct points someone else boot's Xbox to the 007AUF hack. It only possible on a version 1.2 to 1.5 as the 2 TSOP flash enable points are on the top of the PCB.

It would be good to do then take it back complaining the control ports don't work and see look on their faces as it boot's to a non MS dash and the 2 seals intact.

If I can find a copy of the video I will post it.

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

With a Ship load a patience and a steady hand and having something conductive on the end of stiff wire covered in heat shrink though the vents on the side with small led also on a skewer inside for illumination then holding them on the correct points someone else boot's Xbox to the 007AUF hack. It only possible on a version 1.2 to 1.5 as the 2 TSOP flash enable points are on the top of the PCB.

It would be good to do then take it back complaining the control ports don't work and see look on their faces as it boot's to a non MS dash and the 2 seals intact.

If I can find a copy of the video I will post it.

Wowzer,  that is impressive!!!