OGXbox.com

Boot Up Hang Up

Mountaindew117

Hello all, I was just wondering why my xbox will hang up after turning it on at the boot screen. I have done a successful tsop mod with the 256k bios on a v1.4 xbox with the evox m8 plus F and G but when it completely shuts down and i eject the disc it will do the blob animation while showing the ecox in the left top corner and it says linux under the xbox logo but hangs up and will not proceed any further to my dashboard. I installed the bios using hexen 2019 disc. I was told to try to rebuild the hard drive but not to sure on how to do that through hexen. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

Edited by Mountaindew117

yeah its defiantly not 1.6 bios because in the hexen disc i have and option for 1.0 -1.5 bios and then theres a section for 1.6 only bios and i know i didn't click on 1.6 bios so theres no way its 1.6 bios that was flashed. Yes the console will boot from the hexen disc all day long but when ever i try to run the xbox with out the hexen disc it just hangs up on the xbox logo screen and doesn't boot into a dashboard of any kind 

Thats ok normaly the EVOX logo in top ledt is for a version1.6 Bios

You can't have a softmod and a chip/flash at the same time or the bios is looking at the wrong spot for the OS

Boot hexen

go option 3 TSOP Flashed/chiped

go option 3.5.2 as your box has a softmod on it of go the next down and start a fresh

Take the Hexen disc out of the DVD drive.  Showing Linux under the big X logo at the end of the flubber animation is an indication that Hexen is loading from the DVD. (Is the eject ring also RED instead of GREEN?)

The stock unmodified Evolution-X  distribution of M8plus or M8 for either 1.0-1.5 or 1.6 version Xboxes will have the purple Evo X shield in the upper left hand corner of the flubber animation.

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The stock unmodified Evolution-X  distribution of M8plus or M8 for either 1.0-1.5 or 1.6 version Xboxes will have the purple Evo X shield in the upper left hand corner of the flubber animation.

You got me curious and had to have a look. You are correct the Evxo logo is there on both I was basing my assumption of the logo only for a 1.6 version on the DuoX2 chips that had a version 1.0 to 1.5  on one bank and a version 1.6 bios on the 2nd bank as the versios 1.6 bank had the Evox spash and no Evox for the others.

SS Dave

10 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

So with the new Hard Drive fitted with no Hexen disk in the DVD drive what happens on power up?

Has the hard Disk been used before if yes what for Xbox, PC ?

What color are the Eject led's?

Whats it got on the screen if you can post a pic?

Blob animation, xbox name and x shows up on screen, evo x shield in top left corner, and linux under the xbox logo and nothing further.

No the hard disk is brand new when i built the drive prior to shelving the xbox.

Cycling thru green, yellow, and red as per how I had set it up before this problem happened.

See pic below 

72040556_952969001719643_8426748765582393344_n.jpg

On 10/1/2019 at 11:33 PM, SS_Dave said:

Thats ok normaly the EVOX logo in top ledt is for a version1.6 Bios

You can't have a softmod and a chip/flash at the same time or the bios is looking at the wrong spot for the OS

Boot hexen

go option 3 TSOP Flashed/chiped

go option 3.5.2 as your box has a softmod on it of go the next down and start a fresh

in this step its asking for a passcode?

Nevermind I google searched it and its AYBX

Edited by Mountaindew117

That's good to hear your up and running

The default user is xbox and password is xbox

Check under settings, Network then make sure

Enable is set to Yes 

Type is set to DHCP

The top line is the IP of your Xbox.

What program are you using for FTP on your PC?

SS Dave

16 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

That's good to hear your up and running

The default user is xbox and password is xbox

Check under settings, Network then make sure

Enable is set to Yes 

Type is set to DHCP

The top line is the IP of your Xbox.

What program are you using for FTP on your PC?

SS Dave

i use either winscp or filezilla and both of them i updated the other day to their current versions. I seem to have better luck using winscp over filezilla a lot of times filezilla sometime hangs up and stops transferring randomly.

Thanks @SS_Dave For all the help. I have got it going now and i found out why it kept timing out was because the xbox wasn't saving my changes to the network setting between static and dhcp but i finally got it to save the change over to dhcp and all has been working great so far and i just fixed another problem i just had posted about with not getting all my space on my hard drive allotted to me. It kept telling me that i only had 270 gbs available to use when i have a 1tb sata drive in the xbox. But a quick rebuild of the hard drive with hexen and setting all space to f partition only all my free space is where it should be now.

• 2 months later...