OGXbox.com

MuseLopes

Hi, everybody,

Well uh... 0k... i'm brazilian and my english isn't very...uh, i'll try my best. I realy need a hand here.

1st question:

Got this Xbox chipmodded. When I turn it on, I have to hold the button a bit longer to load the dash (I use xbmc) and then the "evox" icon appears and there it goes just fine. 

BUT, if i just quick press the button, it goes directly to that old MS original dashboard where none of my stuffs are recognized.

What I want is to load the xbmc in both ways, with the hold-pressin'-button-evox-icon-appearin' AND the quick-pressing-button.

I use to leave it this way, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember how. Somebody please help me.

2nd question:

Max Payne 2 freezes in the same point of the game right in the begginin' when that little guy in a uniform, guides Max throug a trap and then the game freezes soon as all the hell's gonna breaks loose. Love this game, but it's freezin' at this point and I try EVERY versions (ntsc or pal from a to z), delete cache, fix date, turn igr on and off... an it freezes at the SAME POINT... nothing works.

Ok. I can manage, I'll play on PC, graphics a lot better and got a 360 controller.

But then, the same thing happens to X-Men Legends, just in one of the first danger room. Freezes AT THE SAME FREAKIN' POINT!

Look all over forums and people with the same problem but find no one... got nothing.

Would somebody please enlighten me? I'm on my knees. Try everything I could to fix it and end up screw up my console what lead me to the 1st question on this post.

Thanks.

Don't think so, man. I use to do it in some simple way. Some kinda shortcut... i don't remember, but didn't have to open or connecting cables on hd. FTP maybe but realy don't remember.

For the game, well, I said i've got lotta versions that i downloaded, original dumps include from diferent regions. they all freezes in that same point.

21 minutes ago, MuseLopes said:

Solved, man. The first problem. Sofftmodding Tool by Rocky5. = D

And now, those freakin' games still freezin'...

So you have a Xbox with a  mod chip and you soft modded it. I would still link the bt point to ground and set the chip allway's on .

What BIOS version are you booting?

The Aladdin modchip's Long Power Button press to activate it is a function of how that chip works.  You connect BT to the power button signal coming from the front panel to control if you boot the motherboard's BIOS (short tap) or modchip (>1second press) and on some versions disable write protection (>4 or 5 second power button press on startup).

Instead, solder BT to ground for always on mode.

spacer.png

Aladdin XT Always-ON Mod (Strap BT to GND)

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20160331200649/http://xbox.bula.nu/aladdin/xt/BTGround_resize.jpg

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

First question answer:

Ground the BT point on the Aladdin modchip. 

Second question, possible answer and more questions for you:

Sounds like you have a bad rip.  Are you running it from a download you obtained from the Internet or a rip from your own original game disc?

I have told him the same

On 9/30/2019 at 12:02 PM, SS_Dave said:

As for booting to XBMC all the time you will nead to move a wire to power or ground depending on the mod chip make

The game reezing at the same spot sounds like a damaged disk or file .

and again

On 10/4/2019 at 9:16 AM, SS_Dave said:

The only way I know to make a Alladen chip to boot to the new dash is remove the BT wire from the front panel and ground it. That way the chip is always active.

You could take the wire off the front panel and put it under one of the screws on the mother board.

I am not speaking English