OGXbox.com

Using Sata To Usb Adapter

hodor

Hello to all, just softmoded my OGxbox. My next step will be obviously upgrading HDD.

so question is, after when i upgrade HDD to 2 TB can i use Sata To USB Adapter to transfer files instead using FTP method?

I got 3 ogxbox HDD ready game packs total 1.6TB. I think it woud be much faster using Sata To USB Adapter (USB 3.0)and Xplorer360.

has anyone tried to do this?

xbox.jpg

Honestly, lots of people ask if there’s a quicker/better way than ftp to transfer files to their new hdd. Short answer is No. The usb to sata adapter method will lot work because your windows pc cannot read the Xbox filesystem, there are a couple of PC programs that will read it but are unreliable and a bit awkward to use. 

Best bet bet is to set up the ftp transfer using UnleashX and just leave it running overnight. Try not to use Wi-fi either, having your pc use a wired connection will be faster.

I have never had any success getting xplorer360 to recognise any hard drive connected through a sata to USB adapter. All I can say is give it a try and see. I have heard stories of xplorer360 not being good at handling large amounts of files/folders at once though. 

Edited by nikeymikey