OGXbox.com

Need Help With Upgrade Hdd Hardmod Chip

HappierParsley

I`ve X 1.6 Hardmoded with Aladdin Advance 64 BIOS checker say:  evox.m8pus.bin

stock>1tb(sata)

I try HEXEN method but after swapping HDD HEXEN block in "xbox linux" boot screen (red LED)

I don`t know adapter non compatible or BIOS (hexen disc work)

XBpartitioner 1,1 show this error:(photo)

What to do?

PS.: Sorry for my English it is not my prime lag 

20190923_234837.jpg

I think you need to update the BIOS to one that  has LBA48 support.

There should be one on the Hexen disk just make sure that the one you pick is for a VERSION 1.6 Xbox and 256kb.

Evox M8 plus 1.6 F and G or Evox M8 plus 1.5 F only

F only is F drive only ver F and G  is F drive is 137gb and G gets the rest of the space

Have you reflashed the bios on your chip at all? I would put the stock hdd back in and see if it boots from that and then use hexen to reflash a different bios to the Aladdin. You may not have a v1.6 bios flashed. After reflashing the chip swap the drives again and see how you get on :)

Edited by nikeymikey

Thats a bit odd. 

I have a version 1.1 box with N64"s HDMI kit that samples the component  video and digital out there is no conection the the compesite video conection  to the HDMI mod.

I have just tested a Hexen 2019 DVD and it gives a picture ok. The eject light should light up red and it may take a while 1 - 2 minutes to get a picture.

Is it good quality component lead?

May be refitt the old drive and boot to the MS Dash and check the video settings.

40 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

I use component 99% of the time and I’ve booted multiple versions of the hexen disc many times without issue... it does take a while after the led goes red for anything to happen on screen tho sometimes...

Yep same here.

I can see why people think it's not working as the first time I booted a Hexen disk and the eject leds whent red I thought something was wrong so I shut down the box and rebooted then when the screen when't black 2nd time I was thinking I had a dud disk but by the time I had stated burning a new copy it had sprung to life.

• 2 weeks later...

After you have partition the disk it needs to be formatted.

Partitioning divides your drive into sections, but you can choose to simply have one partition (a single section encompassing the entire drive)

Once your drive is partitioned, each partition will have to be formatted with a file system (X-FAT. Xbox File Allocation System).

Normal when you do a new install that happen with out you knowing it doing it.

Basic computing.

• Like 1