OGXbox.com

Tsop Version 1.0 Board

Dave C.

• 1 month later...

sharp is the only one with a jumper. ST, Hynix, Hyundai are all no jumper and use regular flash option in HeXen. Windbond you choose the windbond/sharp option, then choose bios that doesn’t say sharp only. That will boot up Gentoox and you quickly select advanced setting and navigate to hdd flash and select the bios.bin. Do this quickly and use a Microsoft brand controller only.

Edited by Incursion64
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, markhod said:

what is the best way to update my tosp

easiest is probably burn hexen and run that. but do your homework on which tsop chip is on the board and it should go without a hitch. hexen will tell you which chip you have but its only right before you flash it... so it makes me nervous. 
the key is being prepared and knowing which chip is on board and from there is a simple process. boot to hexen, go to tsop/modchip and choose to flash. its nearly autopilot from that point. 

Which bios are you using that you need an upgrade? 

I would have been hesitant to 'reflash' the bios but this past weekend i wanted to try ind-5003 in place of x2 5035 and hexen just deleted the old one and flashed the new one without a hitch. took like 10 minutes. 

btw, all these comments you see around the web about needing a 1mb bios file on a 1mb tsop chip are pure BS. 256k bios flashes to a 1mb tsop no problem. i dont even know of a widely used 1mb bios tbh.