OGXbox.com

Wii2hdmi

suwuj12

So I finished up my wii2hdmi mod, tbh it stays way cooler than the pound cable and lines that I saw on the pound when I didn't have the 5v psu connected are gone... Only caveat I have with the wii2hdmi is that on certain TV's, (in my case lg oled) I cannot run at 1080p, but I tried other TV's & monitors and can confim it worked on all the others at 1080p...

Also if anybody purchased the same wii2hdmi version as I did then there is no labeled pads or extra ground on the backside, so I just doubled up on ground with 0 issues. 

IMG_20190917_104031.jpg

IMG_20190917_103952.jpg

IMG_20190917_073556.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@sinclairuser my pound cable is actually pretty reliable so long as the micro USB is connected. On my new Oled tv I was able to run at 1080p w/ pound but not with wii2hdmi..

I like my wii2hdmi better as it does not get warm at all, on the other hand with the pound being connected to a 5v source it heats up quite a bit more & if I decide to remove the power source I get crappy video with lines...  

6 minutes ago, suwuj12 said:

@sinclairuser my pound cable is actually pretty reliable so long as the micro USB is connected. On my new Oled tv I was able to run at 1080p w/ pound but not with wii2hdmi..

The pound cable I have has not got any option of a external power supply and IMO it's a piece of crap it's only marginally better than a aliexpres unit.

The Wii2HDMI you get what you pay for.

i'm trying to get schematics for the zx-hd hdmi spectrum raspberry pi solution, so i can work out the feasibility of using a pi zero to get hdmi out of an xbox(plus other things).

but its closed source so i wont be able to just post it in its raw form, but once i find the right inputs and connections relating to the xbox and the pi zero i can post that, then maybe we can design and build a pi add on for the ogxbox.

firstly i'm not dissing the work done so far by N64 freak and others, their hdmi solutions are great and extreme value for money when compared to these "special" cables, with this HDMI would be a starting point, hopefully leading to eeprom read/write, tsop read/write(possibly) well lots of stuff really.

its just a "winter project".

Edited by sinclairuser

• 3 weeks later...