OGXbox.com

Softmod,Modchip,Tsop Flash

SS_Dave

Now i just have the other corrupt tsop to fix, its a 1.1 but the 3 wire trick didn't work. I believe thats because evox froze during the erase portion of the flashing process so the tsop chip is probably mostly blank now. @M0RPH10U5 and the chip he has posted out to me will be the medicine this box needs. Chip is in the air as we speak flying across the atlantic :)

Also have another box that doesnt power up at all, have ruled out power supply issues, have no idea whats causing the issue. 

And one other box that has error 21, gonna have to get the eeprom from that box and rebuild the hdd to get it going i think. 

2 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

Now i just have the other corrupt tsop to fix, its a 1.1 but the 3 wire trick didn't work. I believe thats because evox froze during the erase portion of the flashing process so the tsop chip is probably mostly blank now. @M0RPH10U5 and the chip he has posted out to me will be the medicine this box needs. Chip is in the air as we speak flying across the atlantic :)

Also have another box that doesnt power up at all, have ruled out power supply issues, have no idea whats causing the issue. 

And one other box that has error 21, gonna have to get the eeprom from that box and rebuild the hdd to get it going i think. 

yeah, i checked the tracking myself earlier. hope the chip helps. as for the box that doesnt power up. could be trace rot for the power and eject buttons or something. i have a 1.4 that would power up, the second the power cord was plugged in, never even touched the button. sure enough it was trace rot. added a wire across the board to a test point from where the resistor is on the top of the board, and it fixed the auto power up issue.just have 1 more wire to add for another trace that rotted away, and it should be good as new.

5 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

yeah, i checked the tracking myself earlier. hope the chip helps. as for the box that doesnt power up. could be trace rot for the power and eject buttons or something. i have a 1.4 that would power up, the second the power cord was plugged in, never even touched the button. sure enough it was trace rot. added a wire across the board to a test point from where the resistor is on the top of the board, and it fixed the auto power up issue.just have 1 more wire to add for another trace that rotted away, and it should be good as new.

I did check the traces but couldnt see any rot at all anywhere, this box was actually almost new and unused, still had the factory cellophane on the top and on the front button/led section! It had never been opened before, the board was spotless inside not a spec of dust, the caps had not leaked at all. Its a 1.4 with a winbond tsop.

Only other thing I can think of is that one of the BGA chips may have bad solder joints...hard to say for sure, especially if its not powering up at all. Might try to get someone to re-flow any and all BGA packages, and see if that help. otherwise, its a matter of taking a multimeter to every single component, checking for bad parts. of which would be a tedious project, and probably not worth anyone's time.

Quick update, The box that wouldnt power up now does so.... RANDOM!!!!

In other news i have successfully fixed one of my corrupted tsops!! Yay!!  Got out my spare X3 chip, temporarily installed in the box, flashed the tsop_m7 bios to one of the 25k banks, did the trick with the d0 and the a15 wires and reflashed using hexen 2019. Boom... one working tsop with ind 5004.67. 

Going to attempt to do the same on the other corrupted one now!! 

Yes its at the airport :) i should receive it maybe tomorrow..... I couldnt fix the other one with the X3 as everytime i removed D0 from ground it powered the xbox down... Weird!!! I will try again with your chip :)

As it stands i just threw an Aladdin flashed with IND bios in there for the time being. I am a little ocd so the fact that the tsop is still fucked bugs me big time lol I WILL FIX IT!!!!!

And the box that had power issues is another weird one.... it seems to be related to the shell. I took the whole lot out, motherboard, power supply, everything..... put in it a spare case i had from another broken xbox and it now work perfectly, already tsopd it :)

Anyone ever heard of that before? The shell causing issues??

Edited by nikeymikey