OGXbox.com

Install XBoX Games To Your Hdd Over the Internet Using Ftp Complete Tutorial Guide

blainelocklair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyfbxuMgI4M&t=480sHello everyone!

First post, and happy to be here. I want to share something that will add value to the community. I've put together a video tutorial on how you can install games directly to the XBOX HDD through the internet and FTP. All you'll need is your softmodded XBOX, an Ethernet cable, and the HDD Ready games you want on the HDD. You'll be up and running with it in no time. Full how-to video is below. Please let me know if this video helps you so that I can make XBOX content that makes your gaming experience more enjoyable.

Thanks,

Blaine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyfbxuMgI4M&t=480s

Edited by blainelocklair
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Works for windows 10 as well ?

yes, this works on windows 10, I have done this with all windows versions starting with xp all the way to the current windows 10. though i would not recommend filezilla for your FTP client, instead i would use FlashFXP

Edited by M0RPH10U5
  • Thanks 1

I thought this was just standard. This has always been the way to transfer games to the hdd. Even back when the scene was alive in the early 00’s this was the done thing. Oh well maybe there’s people out there that didn’t know it could be done. 

Personally like @M0RPH10U5 I’ve been doing it this way for years!!  Download the game, extract the iso and ftp it across.

5 minutes ago, nikeymikey said:

I thought this was just standard. This has always been the way to transfer games to the hdd. Even back when the scene was alive in the early 00’s this was the done thing. Oh well maybe there’s people out there that didn’t know it could be done. 

Personally like @M0RPH10U5 I’ve been doing it this way for years!!  Download the game, extract the iso and ftp it across.

Back in the hayday people I modded for had no idear about FTP.

I have never cloned a xbox drive when copying to a new drive I just set up a FTP sesion and go to bed or work sometimes both. But then when I was modding a 160igig drive was considered huge and if you had 160gig in a desktop you where lucky. 

SS Dave

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Back in the hayday people I modded for had no idear about FTP.

I have never cloned a xbox drive when copying to a new drive I just set up a FTP sesion and go to bed or work sometimes both. But then when I was modding a 160igig drive was considered huge and if you had 160gig in a desktop you where lucky. 

SS Dave

Lol, yeah, I remember those days. Back when terabyte drives were just a dream, and ssd's were far and few, and expensive as hell.

Edited by M0RPH10U5

8 hours ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

Lol, yeah, I remember those days. Back when terabyte drives were just a dream, and ssd's were far and few, and expensive as hell.

My 1st desk top had a HUGE 10 megabyte hard drive and my mate was running a BBS using a Comodore 64 with a hacked bios and a 7 megabyte Hard drive.

Just throwing my bit in as not everybody knows this.

The Xbox is capable of mounting xiso directly from hard drive using attach.xbe. There isn't any reason to extract/decompress your xiso files simply drop the xiso into the (GAME FOLDER) along with attach.xbe (renamed to default.xbe) and a nice default.png and you're done!

UNLESS, you want to play MGS2 or Jade Empire then you will need to use xiso split beforehand.

Most of the tools I've mentioned are available in rocky5 github.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For what it is worth (probably not much) I used Filezilla on my mac to copy the chimp app over to my xbox for a clone, and it caused the system to hang after the first two ok checks.  I was able to delete it, use another ftp app called Cyberduck, and then chimp worked without issues.

I had no idea there was a problem with using Filezilla (something about permissions, I think), until I came across a reddit post from a couple of years ago mentioning that FileZilla transfers cause problems with the chimp clone app.

• 4 weeks later...