OGXbox.com

Pulling Out My Hair !

Danthuyer

G'day everyone

I've just soft modded my ver 1.4 xbox and i have installed the xbmc emustation so i can play some ports .... however 

How the FRIG do i install them ?

I have a few SEGA Genesis roms up and running but i really want to get quake and quake 2 up and running as i have the homebrew files however i have no idea where they go ?

can someone please help this old gamer relive his youth on his xbox .... PLEASE 

21 hours ago, Danthuyer said:

G'day everyone

I've just soft modded my ver 1.4 xbox and i have installed the xbmc emustation so i can play some ports .... however 

How the FRIG do i install them ?

I have a few SEGA Genesis roms up and running but i really want to get quake and quake 2 up and running as i have the homebrew files however i have no idea where they go ?

can someone please help this old gamer relive his youth on his xbox .... PLEASE 

If you are running XBMC-Emustation, I would do like @KaosEngineer said. Install the URLDownloader. After which you can download and install ports and homebrew games that are in the list for download.

On 9/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, SS_Dave said:

If you have worked out how to Flash a TSOP why muck around with softmods?

I want to get to know all the methods and work out which one I want to use going forward 

my understanding is that tsop is only for bios and HDD null etc ..... you still need to softmod after ?

1 minute ago, Danthuyer said:

I want to get to know all the methods and work out which one I want to use going forward 

my understanding is that tsop is only for bios and HDD null etc ..... you still need to softmod after ?

If you have Flashed the BIOS DO NOT SOFTMOD.

Once you have flashed the bios you can install your new drive then boot the Xbox from your prefered install disk and install your perfered dash.

There is also options to lock the drive but all my drives run unlocked.

Tsop is like installing a modchip, just without the modchip. Like ss_dave said, do not softmod after tsop. Also, with a modchip or tsop mod, there is no point to locking the hdd anymore as there is no live service. The whole point in locking the drive was to be able to disable modchips and still be able to play stock. So no point anymore.

Edited by M0RPH10U5