Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Onknight

XBox Giving a Bogus Ip

Recommended Posts

My Xbox keeps giving me a bogus IP address

I've been able to reset it going into system then miscellaneous Advanced Network stopping the FTP server will reset network restart

Now that isn't working I've tried changing ports on my router it still gives me a bogus IP

Is there any way to fix this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

Sound like it set to static IP

Evox has a evox.ini file that you can change it also have a look at the setting's in the MS dash

 

Nope it DHCP   I don't have a static IP

Mind you if set it static he gose back to Normal  but then I can't FTP IN to the Xbox 

It always been a DHCP Address 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this happen to me on more than just my OG, where my boxes were pulling bogus 10 net addresses from DHCP, and my router isnt even setup for 10 net IPs. If set to static, and everything set accordingly to match how my routers DHCP hands them out, and the IP is not already taken, I had no issues FTPing my OG or getting back online with any of my other boxes. I'd make sure you have your dns set to your router's gateway when setting to static. e.g. if your router hands out an address like 192.168.0.52, then this is what your settings should be:

IP: 192.168.0.* // * being a number not taken by a device, between 2 and 254

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS1: 192.168.0.1

DNS2: 192.168.0.1 or blank

Hope this helps.

Edited by M0RPH10U5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

I had this happen to me on more than just my OG, where my boxes were pulling bogus 10 net addresses from DHCP, and my router isnt even setup for 10 net IPs. If set to static, and everything set accordingly to match how my routers DHCP hands them out, and the IP is not already taken, I had no issues FTPing my OG or getting back online with any of my other boxes. I'd make sure you have your dns set to your router's gateway when setting to static. e.g. if your router hands out an address like 192.168.0.52, then this is what your settings should be:

IP: 192.168.0.* // * being a number not taken by a device, between 2 and 254

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS1: 192.168.0.1

DNS2: 192.168.0.1 or blank

Hope this helps.

The settings are correct

In fact if I don't go to the network settings of the Xbox

It shows the proper IP

Put on the skin it does not and one trying to login with the FTP it will not login

Without the FTP server I can't add games

Or continue making skins

 

Edited by Onknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try deleting your cache. or maybe a different dash. not sure what else it could be, because if settings are correct when switching to static, then it should work...period.

Even if the router is set to DHCP and the box to Static

Edited by M0RPH10U5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to original Xbox dashboard turn around the settings

Been Rebooted now it's giving me a proper IP I just have to change the FTP to match hopefully it holds

I'm afraid to shut off the Xbox now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

try deleting your cache. or maybe a different dash. not sure what else it could be, because if settings are correct when switching to static, then it should work...period.

Even if the router is set to DHCP and the box to Static

What Dash would you suggest what is the most top to date one

I really like unleash X

Edited by Onknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Onknight said:

What Dash would you suggest what is the most top to date one

not sure honestly. I've not really kept up with which ones were more popular, or up to date. From everything I read though, seems like unleash x is the popular dash these days, I myself use XBMC, there is also Avalaunch. and evox. any of those have an FTP server you could try with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

not sure honestly. I've not really kept up with which ones were more popular, or up to date. From everything I read though, seems like unleash x is the popular dash these days, I myself use XBMC, there is also Avalaunch. and evox. any of those have an FTP server you could try with.

is there a way to try them without deleting my current Dash Setup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I tried some of the other dashes really don't care for them

But I think I might have found the problem if I do a quick reset The IP address will boot into a 10. Something something something

If I do a turn off completely and then start then I get a proper IP address

At least right now it working with full reboot who knows if that will change

It's kind of weird

Edited by Onknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, not sure what causes it. honestly all my devices are back at dhcp, and i no longer have the issue. i myself thought it weird when it started happening to me. not even i could figure out why.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

Yeah, not sure what causes it. honestly all my devices are back at dhcp, and i no longer have the issue. i myself thought it weird when it started happening to me. not even i could figure out why.

it's doing it again today  

Too me an hour to get a Proper IP 

Edited by Onknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Spackie21
      Wanting to buy a 128mb Xbox motherboard, I would prefer it to be a 1.2 or any revision that doesn't have the single row PSU connector
      Also I'm only really looking for people in Australia to save on postage cost
      @SS_Dave would you be interested in selling me a 128mb board since your in Australia?
    • By blainelocklair
      Please login or register to see this link. Hello everyone!
      First post, and happy to be here. I want to share something that will add value to the community. I've put together a video tutorial on how you can install games directly to the XBOX HDD through the internet and FTP. All you'll need is your softmodded XBOX, an Ethernet cable, and the HDD Ready games you want on the HDD. You'll be up and running with it in no time. Full how-to video is below. Please let me know if this video helps you so that I can make XBOX content that makes your gaming experience more enjoyable.
       
      Thanks,
      Blaine
      Please login or register to see this link.
       
    • By murderbox
      Hey! My name is Murderbox, and I picked up an original Xbox a while ago in a trade. Got it soft modded and have a 1TB HDD installed. Completely new to this realm, but I've always wanted a modded system since I experienced a buddy's back in 05. I hope to learn a lot here and meet some new people! Seems pretty extensive.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.