OGXbox.com

XBox Giving a Bogus Ip

Onknight

1 minute ago, SS_Dave said:

Sound like it set to static IP

Evox has a evox.ini file that you can change it also have a look at the setting's in the MS dash

Nope it DHCP   I don't have a static IP

Mind you if set it static he gose back to Normal  but then I can't FTP IN to the Xbox 

It always been a DHCP Address 

I had this happen to me on more than just my OG, where my boxes were pulling bogus 10 net addresses from DHCP, and my router isnt even setup for 10 net IPs. If set to static, and everything set accordingly to match how my routers DHCP hands them out, and the IP is not already taken, I had no issues FTPing my OG or getting back online with any of my other boxes. I'd make sure you have your dns set to your router's gateway when setting to static. e.g. if your router hands out an address like 192.168.0.52, then this is what your settings should be:

IP: 192.168.0.* // * being a number not taken by a device, between 2 and 254

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS1: 192.168.0.1

DNS2: 192.168.0.1 or blank

Hope this helps.

Edited by M0RPH10U5
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

I had this happen to me on more than just my OG, where my boxes were pulling bogus 10 net addresses from DHCP, and my router isnt even setup for 10 net IPs. If set to static, and everything set accordingly to match how my routers DHCP hands them out, and the IP is not already taken, I had no issues FTPing my OG or getting back online with any of my other boxes. I'd make sure you have your dns set to your router's gateway when setting to static. e.g. if your router hands out an address like 192.168.0.52, then this is what your settings should be:

IP: 192.168.0.* // * being a number not taken by a device, between 2 and 254

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS1: 192.168.0.1

DNS2: 192.168.0.1 or blank

Hope this helps.

The settings are correct

In fact if I don't go to the network settings of the Xbox

It shows the proper IP

Put on the skin it does not and one trying to login with the FTP it will not login

Without the FTP server I can't add games

Or continue making skins

Edited by Onknight

4 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

try deleting your cache. or maybe a different dash. not sure what else it could be, because if settings are correct when switching to static, then it should work...period.

Even if the router is set to DHCP and the box to Static

What Dash would you suggest what is the most top to date one

I really like unleash X

Edited by Onknight

1 minute ago, Onknight said:

What Dash would you suggest what is the most top to date one

not sure honestly. I've not really kept up with which ones were more popular, or up to date. From everything I read though, seems like unleash x is the popular dash these days, I myself use XBMC, there is also Avalaunch. and evox. any of those have an FTP server you could try with.

2 minutes ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

not sure honestly. I've not really kept up with which ones were more popular, or up to date. From everything I read though, seems like unleash x is the popular dash these days, I myself use XBMC, there is also Avalaunch. and evox. any of those have an FTP server you could try with.

is there a way to try them without deleting my current Dash Setup

Okay I tried some of the other dashes really don't care for them

But I think I might have found the problem if I do a quick reset The IP address will boot into a 10. Something something something

If I do a turn off completely and then start then I get a proper IP address

At least right now it working with full reboot who knows if that will change

It's kind of weird

Edited by Onknight

2 hours ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

Yeah, not sure what causes it. honestly all my devices are back at dhcp, and i no longer have the issue. i myself thought it weird when it started happening to me. not even i could figure out why.

it's doing it again today  

Too me an hour to get a Proper IP 

Edited by Onknight