OGXbox.com

Getting Into Modding. Again

Reldvs1

Hello everyone.  I'm new here but not new to hard and soft modding.

A bit about my collection...I have 4 ps2....3 soft mod with hdds....1 hard mod with chip.

I also have a RGH 360 slim w chip and an old 360 flashed disk drive and a stock 360 slim. Also 2 soft mod wii and 3 ps3. 1 original with ps2 chip and backwards compatible. 1 slim that replaced that design and also a super slim.

NOW to my oxbox... 1 with xbit mod chip. I bought a used oxbox and it had it installed already....I know that they are not the best but oh well it was $50 and came with everything and one of the 2 controllers was Duke and it had lots of other goodies like hdmi pound cable and internal hdd with games.  For just $50, it seemed WAY worth it lol.

Also have 1 oxbox that is soft mod and 1 that is stock. 

Ok, I'm thinking of adding in 2tb hard drives.  They only have 250gb drives in each now.  I basically just wanted to join this site to find others still enjoying and modding their oxbox and also for information and resources about doing that. 

I thought about making my own Xbox xtender but I read the post about it here and it seems the concensus is they are not needed. 2tb hard drive would be enough.  Which is great! 

I look forward to using this site and meeting like minded people who still enjoy tinkering with their retro gaming consoles. 

Thank you! 

Edited by Reldvs1
Added info

Welcom Relkvs1

You collection sounds a bit like mine.

A version 1.6 with X3 chip and Lcd panel,Coax digital,2 tb hard disk.

A version 1.1 with N64's HDMI kitt,1tb Drive

A version 1.0 with component to HDMI internal mod,1tb drive

A version 1.0 from N64 with his 1.4ghz CPU and Ram upgrade. Yet to be put into service.

Ps2 with mod chip and hard disk.

I also have a Ps1,Ps2 X 3,ps3 X 2,Ps1 classic,Xbox 360, there are also other Xbox"s waiting to be looked at and to finish it of with a Commodore 128D.

A 2tb disk drive will easly hold CoinOPS 8 Massive that has 4100+ games installed and around 1.6tb of games or over 750 games plus apps with some space left.

Cheers

SS dave

• Like 1

I myself have 3 boxes, a 1.1 that is currently being refurbished and rebuilt, Have to get a DVD Drive for it, as well as a hard drive, I've got an Aladdin Xblast chip, that I made myself, that will be going into it. I've got a 1.4 that I am doing a ram upgrade on, it has been tsop'd with IND-BIOS and will have my X3 installed with LCD and Pro Switch, and I have a 1.6 that will have an Aladdin XBlast in it as well. The All of the boxes will soon get 2TB drives.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Welcom Relkvs1

You collection sounds a bit like mine.

A version 1.6 with X3 chip and Lcd panel,Coax digital,2 tb hard disk.

A version 1.1 with N64's HDMI kitt,1tb Drive

A version 1.0 with component to HDMI internal mod,1tb drive

A version 1.0 from N64 with his 1.4ghz CPU and Ram upgrade. Yet to be put into service.

Ps2 with mod chip and hard disk.

I also have a Ps1,Ps2 X 3,ps3 X 2,Ps1 classic,Xbox 360, there are also other Xbox"s waiting to be looked at and to finish it of with a Commodore 128D.

A 2tb disk drive will easly hold CoinOPS 8 Massive that has 4100+ games installed and around 1.6tb of games or over 750 games plus apps with some space left.

Cheers

SS dave

That's indeed an impressive collection!  I'm definitely not as advanced as that.  Although I kinda understand it and MIGHT be able to do some of those things, but unfortunately I've noticed the older I get the less I can see up close.  Not sure I could do much tiny soldering these days lol. Probably have to farm out anything too complex or just buy one already done lol. 

I think I can upgrade the hard drives probably but to add an LCD and stuff like you have. ...not so sure. 

Thanks for responding and nice to meet you Dave.  Oddly enough my name is David. Small world lol

5 hours ago, M0RPH10U5 said:

I myself have 3 boxes, a 1.1 that is currently being refurbished and rebuilt, Have to get a DVD Drive for it, as well as a hard drive, I've got an Aladdin Xblast chip, that I made myself, that will be going into it. I've got a 1.4 that I am doing a ram upgrade on, it has been tsop'd with IND-BIOS and will have my X3 installed with LCD and Pro Switch, and I have a 1.6 that will have an Aladdin XBlast in it as well. The All of the boxes will soon get 2TB drives.

Nice!  You made your own mod chip? Now that is cool! I learned a little chip programing in college but that was so very long ago lol. 

I heard both you and Dave from above speaking about ram upgrades. What does this do?  Allow faster booting from hard drive? Or Xbox games run smoother?  Do I need to look into doing this for myself?  I'm not hard core or anything, I just want to play games from hard drive smoothly. Sorry if that's a dumb question about the ram. I know some things but I'm no expert lol.  I would like to tell people I know just enough to get myself in trouble lmao

14 hours ago, Reldvs1 said:

Nice!  You made your own mod chip? Now that is cool! I learned a little chip programing in college but that was so very long ago lol. 

I heard both you and Dave from above speaking about ram upgrades. What does this do?  Allow faster booting from hard drive? Or Xbox games run smoother?  Do I need to look into doing this for myself?  I'm not hard core or anything, I just want to play games from hard drive smoothly. Sorry if that's a dumb question about the ram. I know some things but I'm no expert lol.  I would like to tell people I know just enough to get myself in trouble lmao

the ram upgrade is more for some of the homebrew games, that require 128 MB of ram. some games will actually run faster as in double time with the upgraded ram, and so the game has to be patched to properly run. that aside, its not really all that useful, only if you want to try to play some of the homebrew games. as for making my own modchip, no, i actually havent done that, not yet anyway. im in the process of making one as we speak utilizing the aladdin xblast svf file that was released. i know nothing about coding, let alone the ins and outs of an og, so making a chip from scratch with my own code is simply out of the question.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, M0RPH10U5 said:

the ram upgrade is more for some of the homebrew games, that require 128 MB of ram. some games will actually run faster as in double time with the upgraded ram, and so the game has to be patched to properly run. that aside, its not really all that useful, only if you want to try to play some of the homebrew games. as for making my own modchip, no, i actually havent done that, not yet anyway. im in the process of making one as we speak utilizing the aladdin xblast svf file that was released. i know nothing about coding, let alone the ins and outs of an og, so making a chip from scratch with my own code is simply out of the question.

That makes sense.  Thanks for explaining about the ram. I don't think I see myself doing that particular upgrade, most likely.  I may look into a better mod chip but only of it can easily installed and hopefully be able to use the connecting points as my other chip. 

Well thanks again for the info! 

56 minutes ago, Reldvs1 said:

That makes sense.  Thanks for explaining about the ram. I don't think I see myself doing that particular upgrade, most likely.  I may look into a better mod chip but only of it can easily installed and hopefully be able to use the connecting points as my other chip. 

Well thanks again for the info! 

what other chip do you have? Aladdin XBlast only requires 1 wire install on all versions, D0 connects to the D0 point on the motherboard, and the L1 pad on the chip connectst to LFrame on 1.6(b) motherboards. I currently have 2 completed chips ready to be sold.