OGXbox.com

Tsop Flash Guide

OGXbox Admin

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Desoldering, programming and soldering is round about ~5min. time. And you have that nice feeling when you fixed it because you can.

5 MINUTES? Jesus! Done this a few times, have you? Lol. That would take me all fucking day. I think the real struggle for me would be resoldering to the board, because I'm not used to doing soldering that precise. Although, once I was done, i would indeed feel a great deal of satisfaction accomplishing something that a lot of people just shit their pants even thinking about doing. I don't know how I will ever realistically do a RAM upgrade, other than making sure I have the right tools... and a lifetime supply of flux.

• Like 1

Yes 5 min. incl coffee. I did it a couple of times. And recently I also desoldered and dumped some TSOP's of some (4) LG 8163b drives (Same pitch just a little smaller sized TSOP). When I have boards that can't be fixed I also desolder the TSOP and eeprom for spares. You never now if you need one, one day.

At the end, everthing comes down to how much skill you have. Good equipment is just a part of it. It makes things eayser but you can do the most jobs (Incl. RAM upgrades) with a 2 in 1 station for 100 bucks and a magnifier if you have the skill.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 2:17 AM, KaosEngineer said:

That is the first Atmel TSOP I've seen on an Xbox motherboard.  Thanks for sharing the photo.

I see this is the actually the second time I've seen an Atmel chip in an Xbox.  The first time was a couple years ago in a different thread on this website:

I only remembered these TSOP flash memory chips:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I have a 1.3 with a Hynix TSOP.

I've just recently tried installing Cerbios on my Aladdin XT. I think it might be a fake because when I use restoox or xblast to flash, it fails to erase the chip.

This was a previously dead console that I brought back to life with the (fake) aladdin and installed XBMC4G to a 4TB HDD.

Now that XBMC is installed, can I remove the mod chip?

If I take off the aladdin, can I flash Cerbios to the TSOP?

How big is the Hynix TSOP?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Dave

35 minutes ago, homr836 said:

You need to flash your TSOP to be able to use any homebrew e.g. XBMC in your case.

So this is what I would do. 

Download this : 

Check the save games for a game you have a original game dvd. 

copy / ftp the save to your HDD to E:\UDATA and also copy the folder 21585554 to the same folder (E:\UDATA)

Look the HDD using XblastOS or cofnig magic to be able to boot of your TSOP. 

Remove or maybe just disable the modchip. 

Boot up the game DVD and load the same game (instuctions for that are in the download).

After that you can flash your TSOP with any of the provided bioses for a first flash (You can flash any other bios afterwards).

When thats done you can unlock your HDD again and remove the mod chip.

And the Hynix TSOP is 256kb. 

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

On 10/4/2022 at 10:57 AM, KaosEngineer said:

I see this is the actually the second time I've seen an Atmel chip in an Xbox.  The first time was a couple years ago in a different thread on this website:

I only remembered these TSOP flash memory chips:

spacer.png

Finally, TSOP32 arrived for the TL866 ii Plus programmer. If someone has ST 40pin, you need to use tsop40-a 8bits!!

20221011_182330.jpg

20221011_182242.jpg

20221011_190059.jpg

Edited by Slavik916
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 10:17 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Yes 5 min. incl coffee. I did it a couple of times. And recently I also desoldered and dumped some TSOP's of some (4) LG 8163b drives (Same pitch just a little smaller sized TSOP). When I have boards that can't be fixed I also desolder the TSOP and eeprom for spares. You never now if you need one, one day.

At the end, everthing comes down to how much skill you have. Good equipment is just a part of it. It makes things eayser but you can do the most jobs (Incl. RAM upgrades) with a 2 in 1 station for 100 bucks and a magnifier if you have the skill.

Taking into account the heating of the soldering iron and the removal of the alloy, I spent 20 minutes... slowly))))

10 minutes ago, Slavik916 said:

Taking into account the heating of the soldering iron and the removal of the alloy, I spent 20 minutes... slowly))))

Heating well...

My old one took about 20-30 seconds to get to temp, the JBC CD-2BQF which I'm using now is up to temp before I reach the part which I like to solder.  And my Atten ST-862D hot air station does also a fantastic job. And you can't realy compare both of em with the ~100 Euros 2 in 1 Station I used before. There are "light years" in between. How ever, both get the job done and without the old station I would not have been able to afford better equipment and more important than that, to build up some skill in the first place to take adavantage of better equipment.

But it's still just a hobby and probably ever will be just a hobby. ;) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Heating well...

My old one took about 20-30 seconds to get to temp, the JBC CD-2BQF which I'm using now is up to temp before I reach the part which I like to solder.  And my Atten ST-862D hot air station does also a fantastic job. And you can't realy compare both of em with the ~100 Euros 2 in 1 Station I used before. There are "light years" in between. How ever, both get the job done and without the old station I would not have been able to afford better equipment and more important than that, to build up some skill in the first place to take adavantage of better equipment.

But it's still just a hobby and probably ever will be just a hobby. ;) 

I spent 20 minutes not heating the soldering iron))), but for now I took it out, while I disassembled the xbox, removed the BIOS, programmed it, soldered it back. And the entire procedure took about 20 minutes in general. My soldering iron takes about 1 minute to heat up)

15.10.2020 в 11:02, SS_Dave сказал:

Вот обновленный список чипов

568812306_Different_tsoptypes.png.170cd2b9b482352e6a585078964c84aa.png

Ваше здоровье

СС Дэйв

Мягкий моддинг похож на мастурбацию. Он выполняет свою работу, но совсем не похож на настоящую вещь.

Что я вам хочу сказать... атмел нужно шить обычным методом без ветров, а не раздельно. Сейчас пробовал перепрошить несколько раз. чип определяется нормально id 07 atmel at49f002a.

Edited by Slavik916

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/3/2022 at 11:37 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

5 MINUTES? Jesus! Done this a few times, have you? Lol. That would take me all fucking day. I think the real struggle for me would be resoldering to the board, because I'm not used to doing soldering that precise. Although, once I was done, i would indeed feel a great deal of satisfaction accomplishing something that a lot of people just shit their pants even thinking about doing. I don't know how I will ever realistically do a RAM upgrade, other than making sure I have the right tools... and a lifetime supply of flux.

I look at this post now and I realize how far I have come in such a short time...

PXL_20240224_095558543.jpg

PXL-20231223-210940689.jpg

PXL-20231223-055302094.jpg

PXL_20240225_035831481.jpg

409633356-122135331266071357-50446256157
410352965-122135809520071357-67333069526
411233531-122136519062071357-78100682275
411286047-122136521030071357-21890416458
411374843-122136519272071357-20643995058

Workspace_Dark.png

Thank you @sweetdarkdestiny for being supportive at a time when I needed it. You were a great help :)

Sorry for deviating from the topic. 😛

• Like 2