OGXbox Admin

Tsop Flash Guide

This guide and pictures taken from: Please login or register to see this link.

TSOP Flashing Unlock points 

if you are unsure which Xbox version you have click 
Please login or register to see this link.

TSOP unlock points for version 1.0/1.1 Xbox

This is the top of the motherboard
10top.jpg
Connect the two solder pads at R7D3 as in photo above.

This is the bottom side of motherboard
10under.jpg
Connect the two solder pads at R7R3 as in photo above.

All Ver 1.0/1.1 Xbox's with a 'SHARP' TSOP chip must also connect the additional red wire as in the photo above. All other TSOP's DO NOT require this step. 

TSOP Unlock points for all Versions 1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5/ Xbox's

This is the top side of the motherboard 
12top.jpg
These Xbox's have both points located on the top of the motherboard, for the first point connect the two solder pads at R7D10 as in photo above. For the second point locate the junction between R7D2 and R7D1 and connect the two solder pads as in the photo above.

After the solder points are completed you should re-assemble your xbox (but leave the top cover off) when the power button is pressed it should boot normally as it did before you started.

Note if you get the message TSOP write protected while attempting to Flash the TSOP you might need to check and resolder the points to ensure a good connection was m while attempting to Flash the TSOP you might need to check and resolder the points to ensure a good connection was made.

To split Split a 1MB TSOP (v1.0, v1.1) into 4 banks of 256k, the following picture explains how to accomplish this:

18119596_10158609993585230_3227203422163568690_n.jpg.47192df1b9d339e47efa3310d8a1ced0.jpg

Note: If you have a 1.6/1.6b Xbox, it has no TSOP and therefore you cannot flash it. You will have to install a modchip or softmod.

• Thanks 1

Just an additional note for Blake's post, you can split the TSOP in the 2-way split to have two 512k halves. if you complete this, it is recommended that you cut the A19 trace shortly after your solder point to keep the chip it is connected to from getting too hot.

so yeah for those of you who are super elite, you can totally do the 1.0-1.1 using only the top of the board.. just have to be really confident with your soldering skills :D

I take a speaker wire, strip out one tiny strand of copper, tin it, and lay that across the write points and solder it down.  Then I wiggle the excess till it breaks off. Never pulled a pad using this method and it takes much less time. 

I don't use alt points though 

Edited by barnito

I’ve used 30awg kynar because I was using a crappy iron. Now I use a good iron and learned the air bridge technique and can do it in 5 seconds per bridge.

the wire method is a safe way to go for beginners and as long as it gets the job done. Glad this guide was reposted, had to bridge the alternate points on a board with missing pads.  Using 30 awg kynar it was a breeze.

using wire on the alternate points is actually quite easy to do.

• Like 1

elaborating further,

what does the boot look like after this soldering job is done?
how do we proceed with unsigned code?

"flashing the tsop"; is that done with hexen?

which bios works best for 1.0/1.1 VS 1.2-1.5... any difference at all?

On 1/6/2018 at 11:48 PM, wikati said:

elaborating further,

what does the boot look like after this soldering job is done?
how do we proceed with unsigned code?

"flashing the tsop"; is that done with hexen?

which bios works best for 1.0/1.1 VS 1.2-1.5... any difference at all?

Thank you kindly for this thread,

I successfully TSOP flashed my 1.4 on the weekend!!!

used ind-5003 67

Stupid me didnt realize you need to softmod it then tsop it, which is just SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!!!

really it was, so far this seems even better than a modchipped box. Why? some kind of placebo thats making it emulate better.

Edited by wikati

On 4/29/2017 at 2:09 AM, T2Steve said:

Also, here are the ALTERNATE TSOP points if you are like me and botch this more often than you care to admit

Please login or register to see this link. Please login or register to see this link.

Do ALL of the red/blue and yellow/light blue points need to be connected?

I pulled the square solder pad on the bottom of a 1.0 (R7R4). I just jammed a tiny piece of wire into the pad area, covered it with solder and tried the bridge again. I was able to get the TSOP writeable.

On 5/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, Mattb115 said:

Do ALL of the red/blue and yellow/light blue points need to be connected?

No. The points are just spots where the trace is exposed to solder to. Just connect the lines together at some point and you are good to go.