OGXbox.com

Tsop Flash Guide

OGXbox Admin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the detailed guide.  My soldering skills are weak but I managed to successfully bridge the points with out destroying the board to enable writable TSOP on my original 1.0 Xbox and on a 1.1 Xbox as well.

Edited by JamerDoo

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, alvinder1 said:

hi guys i know this question has probably been asked before but i cant find an answer. once i have soldered the 2 points on a 1.2-1.5 softmodded xbox and done  the tsop flash   do i remove the solder so they not connected or leave it on?

cheers for your help

Those enable the tsop to be written to. So if you're going to have kids messing around with the xbox, either remove Evo X so it can't be flashed anymore from the console, or remove the jumpers. Most leave the jumpers connected. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, alvinder1 said:

hi guys i know this question has probably been asked before but i cant find an answer. once i have soldered the 2 points on a 1.2-1.5 softmodded xbox and done  the tsop flash   do i remove the solder so they not connected or leave it on?

cheers for your help

You can leave the points soldered together, no need to remove them, plus, you risk burning the solder points if you aren't as skilled with soldering. 

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add to the conversation that using conductive paint works very well.  Early in my adventures of hard modding, I ruined a motherboard beyond repair even trying the alternate soldering points.  Since then I have gotten really good at solding, but there is always a chance things might go wrong.  The paint works just like the solder does, but you can't pull a pad, have your soldering iron too hot, etc.  If you mess up, the paint can easily be removed for you to try again.

I got it from Amazon for $13  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KBXT6JW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

*obviously if you have a v1.6 and need a mod chip, then the paint is a no go :)

Edited by ieblj01
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

For those of you with the AR hardware or a modded Xbox controller plugged into your PC, I updated this with the latest Rocky5 and the 8 MB Version of the OGXBox XBlastOS MC TSOP Flasher v1.8.0 (26.09.2022), I just repacked the saves into AR format.

Boot ISO (rufus, dvd-r, or vm) and drag and drop the saves the the MC.

Hello. i wanted to upgrade ram and did tsop xblastOS 0.56 on atmel at49f002a chip. I updated the memory, everything is fine, BUT ... bios refuses to flash from hdd and via net. When choosing a 256kb bios, he asks to press the triggers, start and the white button, after pressing it he simply goes back to the menu, and is not sewn. When flashing via net, I select the bios in the browser on the PC, the page says that I should not turn off the box, but the xbox does nothing, it just goes back to the menu. I recorded the ISO9660 standard on DVD, the image.bin file in the root of the disk, xbox writes that it cannot find it. jumpers are all worth it because tsop was made. What to do please tell me ... xbox cristal edition, chip atmel at49f002a. year of release 05.02.2004

I did tsop as a non windbond via hexen. when loading the console, xblast starts, but does not want to be flashed back

47 minutes ago, Slavik916 said:

Hello. i wanted to upgrade ram and did tsop xblastOS 0.56 on atmel at49f002a chip. I updated the memory, everything is fine, BUT ... bios refuses to flash from hdd and via net. When choosing a 256kb bios, he asks to press the triggers, start and the white button, after pressing it he simply goes back to the menu, and is not sewn. When flashing via net, I select the bios in the browser on the PC, the page says that I should not turn off the box, but the xbox does nothing, it just goes back to the menu. I recorded the ISO9660 standard on DVD, the image.bin file in the root of the disk, xbox writes that it cannot find it. jumpers are all worth it because tsop was made. What to do please tell me ... xbox cristal edition, chip atmel at49f002a. year of release 05.02.2004

I did tsop as a non windbond via hexen. when loading the console, xblast starts, but does not want to be flashed back

Please post a picture showing the motherboard's Atmel AT49F002A TSOP flash memory chip.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Please post a picture showing the motherboard's Atmel AT49F002A TSOP flash memory chip.

Is it possible to put ST or Windbond instead of it? Or solder and flash on the TL866 2 Plus programmer on TSOP32. They have some kind of contact that is blocking the recording

20221002_172248.jpg

Edited by Slavik916
  • Thanks 1

That is the first Atmel TSOP I've seen on an Xbox motherboard.  Thanks for sharing the photo.

Try using Evoxdash to flash a BIOS to the Atmel TSOP instead of XBlastOS.  I do not see the Atmel flash listed in the supported flash chips of XBlastOS.

When using Evoxdash's Flash BIOS menu option, what does it display for the Manufacturer and Device IDs?

9 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

That is the first Atmel TSOP I've seen on an Xbox motherboard.  Thanks for sharing the photo.

Try using Evoxdash to flash a BIOS to the Atmel TSOP instead of XBlastOS.  I do not see the Atmel flash listed in the supported flash chips of XBlastOS.

When using Evoxdash's Flash BIOS menu option, what does it display for the Manufacturer and Device IDs?

How? If XblastOS doesn't boot from disks? That's why I asked how to flash it back. After all, this is a TSOP and not a chip. By the way, it is 2mb (256x8). We 'll have to solder it out and do it with a programmer

Edited by Slavik916

3 hours ago, Slavik916 said:

How? If XblastOS doesn't boot from disks? That's why I asked how to flash it back. After all, this is a TSOP and not a chip. By the way, it is 2mb (256x8). We 'll have to solder it out and do it with a programmer

Oh, right. You flashed your TSOP with XBlastOS.  With it booting the console, you can't do normal Xbox things like play a game or  run the stock or replacement dashboard from the hard drive. :(

Edit: Unsolder it from the motherboard, flash a modified Xbox BIOS to it using an external programmer, then resolder it to the motherboard.

XBlastOS's flashing software most likely has the ability to flash an Atmel 49F002A; however, it doesn't know that it can.  The chip's ID is not included in the known flashtypes data structure.

Hmm, you may be able to boot one of the Linux-based flashing discs to reflash the Atmel TSOP.  It runs the Linux application raincoat to flash the TSOP.

https://legacy.downloads.diomtec.com/mnt/downloads_ams3_01/old_downloadshomebrew/xbins/Console Based Applications/bios/bios tools/Eurasia Flash Disc/eurasia_pro_generic_flash_disc_1_3.zip

You'll have to replace the bios.bin file with the BIOS you want to flash to the TSOP.  Or, create a second BIOS disc and swap disc when it ejects the DVD tray.

I know this isn't helpful... but is it ever really worth it to desolder the TSOP, solder the legs to a programmer and then solder it back to the motherboard? I mean I would rather just pay 40 bucks for an openxenium and be done with it. Of course, maybe somebody would want to get experience with soldering ICs, which isn't the worst thing in the world, I suppose.

Edit: Maybe I'm missing the point. Something like this is supposed to be a fun project, while learning something at the same time. I don't think anybody mods Xboxes anymore because it's relevant or practical. 😛